The Student Room Group

detention help

so two things really:
1 - in my school we’re not allowed to bring in phones, however some people hand them in to the student office to collect them at the end of the day. i took mine in today and handed it in in the morning with no questions raised but when i went to collect it they said they will be reporting me to my head of house because i didn’t ask permission from him. is it really fair to give me a detention for this considering they never told me i had to have permission?
2 - also i’m petrified to go in tomorrow. i’m a good kid in school rarely being told off so i’m super nervous to in incase i do get detention. is it normal to be this scared of being told off or am i being pathetic?
Reply 1
Getting permission to hand in phones sounds a little strange, haven't heard of that before. However, do not worry one bit. If you can explain to your head of house that you didn't know you needed permission to hand in your phone, that would be great. But, even if you do get a detention (which there's no point dwelling on getting), it is really not the end of the world. In fact, you would get an hour to be able to study in school, so +1 for your studies and it's all gone after with no harm done.
Reply 2
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
Getting permission to hand in phones sounds a little strange, haven't heard of that before. However, do not worry one bit. If you can explain to your head of house that you didn't know you needed permission to hand in your phone, that would be great. But, even if you do get a detention (which there's no point dwelling on getting), it is really not the end of the world. In fact, you would get an hour to be able to study in school, so +1 for your studies and it's all gone after with no harm done.

agreed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending