couldn't find a thread on this so thought I'd make one :smile:
what's everyone's stats like?

A levels: A*AA
GCSE: 2A* 5A 3B
BMAT: 5.3, 4.4, 3.5A
What's the chance I get an interview?
What are your stats looking like?
A level prediction: AAA
AS levels: AAAB (Maths, Bio, Chem, French)
GCSE: 5A* 7As
BMAT: Exactly the same as the brother above
Chances?
Original post by arianrounagh
A level prediction: AAA
AS levels: AAAB (Maths, Bio, Chem, French)
GCSE: 5A* 7As
BMAT: Exactly the same as the brother above
Chances?

Safe brother, we are both above the BMAT average for last year so hopefully we get interview
Ahh I'm freaking out
A-level predictions: A*AA
GCSE: 5A*,4A,1C (I'm **** at German and I didn't really revise lol)
BMAT: 3.4, 4,4
I know my BMATs not the best but I was hospitalised for two weeks and I got out of the hospital the week the BMAT was. The school knows and they said they'll take it into account and my schools put extenuating circumstances on my BMAT. Do I have a chance??
(edited 5 years ago)
Pretty good chance in my opinion I think you'll get an interview. Also does anyone know why the Lancaster medicine student room page is always so empty?
Original post by Will1234p
Pretty good chance in my opinion I think you'll get an interview. Also does anyone know why the Lancaster medicine student room page is always so empty?

Honestly, it’s quite a small medical school. That being said, they have increased the number of students they’ll be accepting this year. But in previous years they’ve taken on fewer students and I guess it’s location is considered remote by a lot of people too which puts them off applying.
Good luck👍
Original post by arianrounagh
Good luck👍

Does anyone know when they will send out interviews?
Reply 9
GCSE: 2 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 3A*, 4A
BMAT:3.2, 3.6, 3.5A
Do I stand a chance?
Original post by ecmarie
Do I stand a chance?

Depends on your ps tbh
Original post by ecmarie
Do I stand a chance?

I mean I think so. The BMAT scores are pretty low this year so that should work in your favour :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by pinkfluffystuff
I mean I think so. The BMAT scores are pretty low this year so that should work in your favour :wink:

Depends on your ps tbh

I’m praying I do. I loved the university when I went to visit it. Also has anyone received an email about iLancaster?
Original post by ecmarie
I’m praying I do. I loved the university when I went to visit it. Also has anyone received an email about iLancaster?

When do they hand out interviews typically anyone?
Original post by ecmarie

All I got was a couple of emails about making an iLancaster account. It did say tho that they'll be planning to contact soon about admissions
Reply 15
When do they hand out interviews typically anyone?

Last year I think the first day was around the 20th December
Original post by pinkfluffystuff
All I got was a couple of emails about making an iLancaster account. It did say tho that they'll be planning to contact soon about admissions

I haven't received any email about iLancaster... When was it sent? Please don't tell me it's only sent to people considered for interview...
Original post by Sharky11
I haven't received any email about iLancaster... When was it sent? Please don't tell me it's only sent to people considered for interview...

I highly doubt it, bearing in mind it wasn't admissions that sent it. I think they just send it out randomly
Just thought I would share some info. I found on Lancaster site, I hope it helps...Lancaster Medical School calculates the total BMAT score by combining the individual scores for Sections 1, 2 and 3. Section 1 is scored out of 9; Section 2 is scored out of 9; and Section 3 is scored out of 5 (for quality of content). We do not use the quality of English score (A-E).BMAT Scores 2018 Entry A100: Medicine

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/study-with-us/undergraduate/mbchb/entry-requirements-and-selection-process/further-admissions-information/use-of-biomedical-admissions-test-bmat/
(edited 5 years ago)
Just checked Lancaster medicine admissions for this year and number of places available for 2019 entry will be 124, a substantial increase from the usual allocation of 54 per annum. Has anyone heard anything with regards to interviews yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending