The Student Room Group

10 points

I have 10 points on my liceance, I got flashed today when I accidentally went through a red light. I have never taken a speed awareness course. But My last set of points have been with in the last 3 years. Can someone help me out hear.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rt93
I have 10 points on my liceance, I got flashed today when I accidentally went through a red light. I have never taken a speed awareness course. But My last set of points have been with in the last 3 years. Can someone help me out hear.

Sounds like you need a speed awareness course if you’ve got 10 points and just sped *again*

Please drive carefully.
Reply 2
I have 10 points on my liceance, today I went through a red light by accident. It flashed twice, a rear camera. Now worried I’ll lose my liceance. Can I take a speed awareness course for this
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rt93
I have 10 points on my liceance, today I went through a red light by accident. It flashed twice, a rear camera. Now worried I’ll lose my liceance.

There's nothing more you can do other than wait for a letter
So despite getting 10 points previously, you still haven't learned your lesson...
Let's be honest, if you're dumb enough to somehow get 10 points on your licence, I think we can afford to not have you driving a 1-ton heap of metal.
Reply 5
I have 10 points expired but not removed from liceance. I got flashed yesterday does this mean I’ll lose my liceance
Reply 6
Original post by rt93
I have 10 points expired but not removed from liceance. I got flashed yesterday does this mean I’ll lose my liceance

Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic :smile: I have merged them all together.

If your points have expired then they won't be counted.

Your insurance must be getting expensive...
Original post by rt93

Depends what the police force decide to do when dealing with this. You're clearly a trash driver, so hopefully you'll lose it.
Ever considered riding a bike? Sounds like you're quite likely to be putting a lot of people in danger...
Original post by CTLeafez
Ever considered riding a bike? Sounds like you're quite likely to be putting a lot of people in danger...

Ooooh, you had to mention bikes on a thread started by an awful driver.
People who are terrible at driving will blame those who ride bikes for pretty much all road accidents, even though it's the drivers who can't drive. Cue the 'hurr durr they think it's the Tour de France' tripe.
I see a trend with these drivers, though. It's always the hard 18-20 year old mad lads who fly about in their Corsas or Fiestas who seem to have a problem.

Ironically though, these same drivers will laugh at (and agree with) videos of cyclists being pushed off their bikes, or having fireworks flown into them... It's rather strange how the drivers blame the cyclists for being dangerous.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kian Stevens
People who are terrible at driving will blame those who ride bikes for pretty much all road accidents, even though it's the drivers who can't drive. Cue the 'hurr durr they think it's the Tour de France' tripe.
I see a trend with these drivers, though. It's always the hard 18-20 year old mad lads who fly about in their Corsas or Fiestas who seem to have a problem.

Ironically though, these same drivers will laugh at (and agree with) videos of cyclists being pushed off their bikes, or having fireworks flown into them... It's rather strange how the drivers blame the cyclists for being dangerous.

It's certainly much harder to seriously injure someone on a bike :P

In other news, how did you get an animated phenol avatar? I want!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CTLeafez
It's certainly much harder to seriously injure someone on a bike :P

In other news, how did you get an animated phenol avatar? I want!

PM me :smile:
PM me :smile:

Thanks, brah
Reply 13
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Depends what the police force decide to do when dealing with this. You're clearly a trash driver, so hopefully you'll lose it.

But surely If my points have expired then I should be in the all clear. People are saying different things I just need to know
Reply 14
Original post by rt93
But surely If my points have expired then I should be in the all clear. People are saying different things I just need to know

You'll find out soon enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rt93

Expired points will be removed from your licence. What did you receive the endorsements for?
Reply 16
Expired points will be removed from your licence. What did you receive the endorsements for?

I went over a red light.
Original post by rt93
I went over a red light.

For all of the endorsements?
Reply 18
For all of the endorsements?

Speeding and on the phone

1) That was an assumption made. People who can drive but ride bikes tend to have a better outlook of safety when they realise how hard it is just to stay alive and that if they screw up, they probably aren't going to come out on the better end of it.
2) Can't get points riding a bike /taphead
3) "It's always the hard 18-20 year old mad lads who fly about in their Corsas or Fiestas who seem to have a problem" there was an absence of mentioning McDonalds and Macky Dee in this analogy and as a result, I now deem it invalid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending