The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What about grandparents? It's going to destroy them, I feel sooooo bad.
Reply 21
I doubt very much they'll miss me. My mum has already decided that when I leave she's giving my sister my room and shoving all my stuff in the box room. Needless to say I am pretty pissed off about that.
My mum will miss me...she's already said that she will be lost with out me ¬_¬ but i guess thats cos we do a lot together and get on very well. As for my dad he is very protective of me as i am the only girl so i'm sure he'll miss me too! I'm pretty sure i will be getting a phone call most nights!
Reply 23
Yes, I think so.
I have always been really close with my parents, even closer than my brothers. To my dad I'm still a little princess and I'm good friends with my mum. They're very used to having me around and will probably miss me.
On the other hand, I think they've always known that I'm not a person who just stays her whole life in her hometown.
rarara2
What about grandparents? It's going to destroy them, I feel sooooo bad.

thats very true, my grandma has been thinking, if me and my cousin stay at uni, how are we going to eat, and what to do if anyone BAD comes to us?:redface: :rolleyes:

and my grandads like, well if your short on money ring me or come to me!
Bengali_Beauty_
thats very true, my grandma has been thinking, if me and my cousin stay at uni, how are we going to eat

ready meals and oven food FTW
myself and my twin sister are the last two to leave in my house and my mums gonna be gutted. im kinda worried about leaving her. it will be so quiet without us, and im not sure about my brother and sisters plans, whether there gonna come home. if they dont she'll be all by herself....i feel guilty but i know i gotta go

reminded me of a very drunk conversation i had with a taxi driver....him telling me not to leave my mum...HA!! i told her and she said of course your going
I left home for 8 months to go traveling... I will have been back just under a year (although I've been away for random trips since) before I go to uni and leave forever (not coming back at Xmas and I plan to be working abroad in summers)...

I'm the youngest but both my siblings are still at home...

I think my dad will probably miss me... maybe? He cried when my bro told him I wasn't gonna be here last xmas, but that was for other things I think rather than me not being there.

I wasn't made to be stuck in the same place forever, and certainly not in a city no where near the sea! I think my family realised that when I was younger.
thepinkpowerranger
I go to uni and leave forever (not coming back at Xmas and I plan to be working abroad in summers)...
Jesus, you're gonna be in a hell of a lot of debt when you get out of uni. Wouldn't all the money you earn from working abroad have to go to paying for actually being abroad? You'd be paying all the normal living stuff and need to pay for getting there and back. Wouldn't really help too much towards paying off any of your uni debt or anything would it? (I ask because it sounds like a great thing to do, just not really feasible.)
Reply 29
Well, I don't live with my dad (he lives in Spain), and my mum is leaving for Athens and later Florence before I'm thinking about packing.. That, in addition to the fact that I've already been away from home for 2 years before, leads me to the conclusion that: NO, they won't miss me..
Charlybob
Jesus, you're gonna be in a hell of a lot of debt when you get out of uni. Wouldn't all the money you earn from working abroad have to go to paying for actually being abroad? You'd be paying all the normal living stuff and need to pay for getting there and back. Wouldn't really help too much towards paying off any of your uni debt or anything would it? (I ask because it sounds like a great thing to do, just not really feasible.)

Lol thanks for caring. :smile:

I'm on my second year out before uni... I'm a padi divemaster... planning on becoming a scuba instructor which is the next step up and will only take me 2 weeks to do... Doesn't cost much if you train in the right places and you earn a load more money despite doing the same amount of work as a DM (I know cos I've worked as a DM). Going on holiday to somewhere amazing is expensive... Working out there is a whole lot cheaper plus most places give you free board as well as paying you. And even if the board isn't free getting accomodation for one month plus is cheaper than a week in a hotel! You can still save...

I'm also on a sandwich degree so I'll be working in my third year... Also I don't understand how people rack up such huge debts... Fees + accomodation are the biggies. You can pay for food with a part time job...
Reply 31
No, definitely not!
Me having this unplanned gap year was a bit of a shock for them I think, my Dad certainly can't wait for me to go, my Mum will miss me a bit but won't cry or anything!

They'll miss me evetually though, I'm not planning on coming back much for the first 2 years! I'm going to try and spend my summer hols in St Andrews, so they might miss me after awhile, especially as I'm the resident Sky TV/Computer/Anything Electrical Technician in our house!
My mum will miss me... I'll miss her too. And my awesome brother. :frown:

Has to happen some time though.
Reply 33
Me and my mum are very close, i'm and only child and my dad and her are divorced.
I know she'll miss me loads and it will be very lonely for her, but its something i have to do, and she really wants me to move away and gain some experience too.
Its for the best but will be very sad.

But thers always summer and xmas and weekends if i want to pop home, its not like im moving too far away.

My dad? psh, i don't even think he cares weather im alive.
Reply 34
My mum is ALREADY crying about me leaving for university.
eeeeeek!
Sister cried when I was only thinking of applying to Sheffield as Firm. Which is only an hour away from home. But decided to apply for Hull York Medical School and so am staying at home :smile:
Reply 36
I feel bad for my mum, her last two children (me & my sis) are leaving at the same time and she'll be left all alone :frown: Something she's totally not used to being a mother of four children...
Reply 37
I think my Mum will miss me far more than I'll miss her, and I will miss her. I think thats because shes single so i'll be leaving her and she won't have anyone else in the house.

I see my Dad three times a week at the moment so I don't think he'll miss me AS much, but recently he we've been getting on really well so maybe I'm wrong there.
Reply 38
I think my parents will really, really wish I'd gone somewhere so they could miss me. The uni I'm (hopefully) going to will mean I'm still living at home. Lucky parents :rolleyes:
Reply 39
I think my mum is going to miss me :frown:
But she knows that it's for my own good that I go out there and mould my future :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending