The Student Room Group

Prtc raf

What size bag should i take my stuff in for prtc please

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dylbon
What size bag should i take my stuff in for prtc please

Hi

Have you received your kit list and Joining Instructions for PRTC yet? That will give you an idea of what size bag you'll need for the three days.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Would it matter if you take your stuff down in a gym bag or a small suitcase?
No it doesn’t matter. PRTC there are no inspections or anything like that. Bring a bag you are able to carry and fit everything in.
Hi my sons due to do his PRCT on the 20th Feb and still hasn’t had any info, instructions or kit list yet. Is this normal? Anything you can tell us would be appreciated.Thanks
Call the AFCO Monday morning. He should have the list now really.
Original post by NotCatchingMe

Thanks Thanks, he did ring a few days ago and spoke to someone (not his advisor) who said he would get her to send the email out but he’s heard nothing. He has also sent an email today so fingers crossed for tomorrow 🙄🤞 . Just didn’t want to be scrabbling about at the last minute organising transport and buying stuff. How much stuff do they need for the 3 days? ...Thanks for your reply 👍

(Original post by NotCatchingMe)
Thanks
When did your son get the dates for PRTC out of interest? The ‘kit list’ for PRTC is small so need not to worry. Most things you’ll have already, it’s the BRTC one which costs a good £200 to sort in full if you buy everything. Here is the list from when I did it a few years ago, not everything will get used and I also assume it’s out of date not but it’ll give you a rough guide. I do have the up to date BRTC kit list still if that should ever be needed 👍🏼

1 x Smart Casual Trousers
2 x Shirt and Ties
1 x Smart Shoes
2 x Pairs of Socks
1 x Sleeping Clothes
2 x Underwear (preferably pants not boxers because of PT)
1 x Set of Casual Clothing (Jeans, T-Shirts etc)
1 x Razor plus spare blades
1 x Shaving foam
1 x Face Balm/Moisturiser
1 x Shower Gel
1 x Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste
1 x Comb or Brush
1 x Nail Clippers and Nail brush or Scissors
1 x Trainers (Running)
1 x Plain dark shorts
2 x dark t-shirts
1 x white socks
1 x Flip Flops
1 x coat (depeding on the weather)
1 x Large towel, Hand Towel and face towel
1 x box of various plasters
1 x A4 notepad and pen
2 x padlocks (no-snap locks, get codes not keys)
1 x cheap watch (£20 Casio is perfect)
1 x small rucksack
1 x alarm clock (phone is fine)
When did your son get the dates for PRTC out of interest? The ‘kit list’ for PRTC is small so need not to worry. Most things you’ll have already, it’s the BRTC one which costs a good £200 to sort in full if you buy everything. Here is the list from when I did it a few years ago, not everything will get used and I also assume it’s out of date not but it’ll give you a rough guide. I do have the up to date BRTC kit list still if that should ever be needed 👍🏼

1 x Smart Casual Trousers
2 x Shirt and Ties
1 x Smart Shoes
2 x Pairs of Socks
1 x Sleeping Clothes
2 x Underwear (preferably pants not boxers because of PT)
1 x Set of Casual Clothing (Jeans, T-Shirts etc)
1 x Razor plus spare blades
1 x Shaving foam
1 x Face Balm/Moisturiser
1 x Shower Gel
1 x Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste
1 x Comb or Brush
1 x Nail Clippers and Nail brush or Scissors
1 x Trainers (Running)
1 x Plain dark shorts
2 x dark t-shirts
1 x white socks
1 x Flip Flops
1 x coat (depeding on the weather)
1 x Large towel, Hand Towel and face towel
1 x box of various plasters
1 x A4 notepad and pen
2 x padlocks (no-snap locks, get codes not keys)
1 x cheap watch (£20 Casio is perfect)
1 x small rucksack
1 x alarm clock (phone is fine)

Thankyou. He got his PRCT dates a while ago mid December I think not long after passing the physical. A BRTC list would be great if you can 👍 thanks, at least I can get bits and pieces for him gradually. Will be difficult for him as he is working as well . 😁
If you’d like to private message me your email I’ll send you BRTC calendar with your sons daily activities and the kit list.
If you’d like to private message me your email I’ll send you BRTC calendar with your sons daily activities and the kit list.

👍 done. Thankyou.
Original post by Mom2three
👍 done. Thankyou.

Genuine question, not a dig; why isn't your son trying to find this out? Why are you doing it for him?
Do any companies from outside the RAF come in to do briefs during the PRTC?
Original post by Mechincalman
Do any companies from outside the RAF come in to do briefs during the PRTC?

Hi

What do you mean? There's no external personnel that will brief you or talk to you on PRTC.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Someone mentioned about kit insurance so must be the RAF BRTC

(Original post by RAF_Adam)Hi

What do you mean? There's no external personnel that will brief you or talk to you on PRTC.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Original post by Mechincalman
Someone mentioned about kit insurance so must be the RAF BRTC

(Original post by RAF_Adam)Hi

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Hi

I can't see any mention of kit insurance on this thread. There's no external briefings at PRTC or BRTC as far as I'm aware. You may get them when you do phase two training (role) as you may be working with external agencies/companies as part of the job.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
To piggyback off this thread I've got a couple of q's about the bleep test:

1) The pass for my age group is 9.10, once I reach level 9 lap 10 am I expected to completely stop and finish?

2) When a new level starts do I have to start running with the triple beep or when the voice says "Start of level #"?

3) Surely nobody doing PRTC can actually reach level 21??
Original post by newbie1016
To piggyback off this thread I've got a couple of q's about the bleep test:

1) The pass for my age group is 9.10, once I reach level 9 lap 10 am I expected to completely stop and finish?

2) When a new level starts do I have to start running with the triple beep or when the voice says "Start of level #"?

3) Surely nobody doing PRTC can actually reach level 21??

Hi

In answer to your questions...

At PRTC you'll be advised when to stop unless they're looking for best effort. The PTIs will advise you.

You need to run to the beeps, but at the start you're likely to wait before the next set. But once it speeds up you'll forget about that... ;-)

If you're going for best effort some of the PTI applicants might give it a go...

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Have you received your kit list and Joining Instructions for PRTC yet? That will give you an idea of what size bag you'll need for the three days.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Does it matter if the shorts have a small brand sign or do they have to be fully plain ??
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Daljodh_riyat
Does it matter if the shorts have a small brand sign or do they have to be fully plain ??

I just used a Sharpie to colour in the logo...

Quick Reply

Latest