The Student Room Group

Diversity at Royal Holloway?

I've applied to study biomedical sciences at Royal Holloway, De Montfort of Leicester, Cardiff Met, Plymouth, and Aberystwyth Uni. Does anyone know what are these universities like for ethnic minority representation and racial diversity?

I've lived in a small town with a majority white population for 18 years, and I reaaally don't one to be one of the few people of colour on campus!

Em x
all I know is hot chicks go there. and mainly posh rich white girls
Hi Em, you should go to an Open Day to see for yourself but I visited a few years ago and it seemed quite mixed to me... though I am white, I think I would have noticed if there were hardly any ethnic minorites. There will probably be the normal mix of UK people (apart from the fact that it might attract slightly richer people than average as the local area is expensive) and quite a few International students too.
Reply 3
Original post by Merry Xmas
all I know is hot chicks go there. and mainly posh rich white girls

Oh... Maybe I'll look elsewhere then. Thanks for letting me know!
Original post by em_panucked
I've applied to study biomedical sciences at Royal Holloway, De Montfort of Leicester, Cardiff Met, Plymouth, and Aberystwyth Uni. Does anyone know what are these universities like for ethnic minority representation and racial diversity?

I've lived in a small town with a majority white population for 18 years, and I reaaally don't one to be one of the few people of colour on campus!

Em x

Hi Em,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us.

Royal Holloway is a diverse campus with around 26% of our students from outside the European Union and around 37% of our undergraduate students identify as BAME.

Among the 140 clubs and societies that we have on campus, there are a number of cultural and faith societies from the South East Asia society to the Sikh society, to meet people who share a culture or faith and the opportunity to join a society to learn about some that are completely different to your own. If you don't find a club or society that meets your needs, you can always create a new society!

I myself was an international student and found that on my course and in my halls of residence, I was able to meet and speak with people from all over the world. With Royal Holloway being only 40 minutes from London by train, it was easy to travel into the city and immerse myself even more in the multicultural environment that is London.

If you have any questions about Royal Holloway, please just let me know.

Susana :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending