The Student Room Group

Guys, if your girlfriend was friends with an old Tinder date.

This might sound odd on the face of it but here's the situtation - I met 'Mark' and 'Joe' around October last year through Tinder. I'd not dated anyone for years and I don't have many friends (social anxiety). Both guys were my type and really lovely people and easy to chat with. I only had one date with Joe but we chatted a lot via whatsapp. I had at least 6 dates with with Mark and since he's dyslexic we didn't chat a lot via messages - mostly face to face. Eventually Mark asked me to be exclusive so I told Joe that I wasn't dating anymore. Joe was really great about it and we agreed to stay friends.

As I say, I have barely any friends and it's rare that I click with someone easily - so I maintained the friendship with Joe. We've met up twice since I became exclusive with Mark (two months ago) and just done regular friend things - having a coffee and a chat.

A few days ago my boyfriend asked to meet up for coffee at lunch and I said I'd love coffee but asked if a couple hours later would be okay since I was meeting a friend - my boyfriend was totally cool about it.

Afterwards, he asked who the friend was so I told him it was a guy named Joe who I met online last year and who I hang out with occasionally just to chat with and have a cup of coffee. He seemed okay about it but I could tell something was bothering him. Anyway, a few days later he somehow brought the conversation around to Joe and was asking about his job, how we met etc etc and if he could meet him this week.

So now my boyfriend wants to meet Joe this weekend. Me and Joe have met 3 times in real life although we chat at least once a week via whatsapp. We don't know each other particularly well - we've only been friends for 3 months or so.

I don't know what to do. Obviously my boyfriend wants to know more about Joe and how we met and he wants us to meet up and spend time together but I feel like he will get the wrong idea if he knows that I met Joe on Tinder and that I was dating both him and Joe before we became exclusive. We are literally just friends and we had one date - I have no intention of anything with Joe, I'm just glad to have a friend.
Also, if we do meet up it could be awkward since me and Joe are still getting to know each other and Joe obviously knows that I chose Mark over him.

Basically, I love Mark and don't want him to doubt that, and I feel like Joe is a great friend and I don't want to put him in an uncomfortable situation.

What do I do?
Reply 1
TL; dr.

Your GF is friends with a guy she dated off Tinder at the same time she was dating you, how would you feel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending