The Student Room Group

Really low predicted grades

I got two C's and an E for AS level (the E was in law so I ended up doing a BTEC for second year) and I've sent my UCAS application to the college to be checked but my tutor has told me me that my predicted grades are distinction*, and two Es because I've had quite a low attendance this year and the teachers won't give me anything above because of it. My tutor has told me to change two of my university choices to unis that are more likely to give me an offer but is there any point in applying anyway? And if I met the entry requirements for the course I want to do could I still apply on results day? The distinction* has gotten my ucas points up to 88 and I would need a minimum of 112
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sjayne1
I got two C's and an E for AS level (the E was in law so I ended up doing a BTEC for second year) and I've sent my UCAS application to the college to be checked but my tutor has told me me that my predicted grades are distinction*, and two Es because I've had quite a low attendance this year and the teachers won't give me anything above because of it. My tutor has told me to change two of my university choices to unis that are more likely to give me an offer but is there any point in applying anyway? And if I met the entry requirements for the course I want to do could I still apply on results day? The distinction* has gotten my ucas points up to 88 so I would only need to E grades moved up to D grades to get 120 ucas points.

If you end up excedding your firm's offer you can go through adjustment. This will allow you to apply to any uni that still has places available. Another option is to take a gap year and apply to uni again when you already have your grades.
Reply 2
Original post by MinaBee
If you end up excedding your firm's offer you can go through adjustment. This will allow you to apply to any uni that still has places available. Another option is to take a gap year and apply to uni again when you already have your grades.

Thanks, it’s what I’ll probably end up doing but I’m just having a full blown panic. I also just found out that it’s on the college system that I haven’t been in a history lesson since end of November yet I was in one yesterday morning so I’ll be going to the college and asking what’s going on anyways. Thanks again!
Reply 3
it's all fine anyway, I've had 2 offers already so it's wishful thinking that my personal statement might be convincing them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending