The Student Room Group

On the spec, what does it mean by 'Example' for AQA

For AQA geography, i just did my human mock yesterday. It was fine but for one question, it asked for the effectiveness of an urban planning scheme in an LIC. But on the spec, it clearly said:

An example of how urban planning is improving the quality of life for the urban poor.

And it was 9 marks (none for SPAG)!!! Wow i had to make so much up!
So i was just wondering how much detail we actually need to learn for these 'examples'
Original post by BadManNik43
For AQA geography, i just did my human mock yesterday. It was fine but for one question, it asked for the effectiveness of an urban planning scheme in an LIC. But on the spec, it clearly said:

An example of how urban planning is improving the quality of life for the urban poor.

And it was 9 marks (none for SPAG)!!! Wow i had to make so much up!
So i was just wondering how much detail we actually need to learn for these 'examples'

I do AQA Geography too. An example basically just means a case study. For this you need, the date of which it happened, the social, economic, and environmental benefits and issues, an overall personal opinion (usually) and a conclusion. For the effectiveness, you need to discuss the pros and cons and a conclusion along with a real-life case study of the occurrence you're talking about. Keep linking back to the question and the case study. I hope this helps you!
Original post by katie.roberts6
I do AQA Geography too. An example basically just means a case study. For this you need, the date of which it happened, the social, economic, and environmental benefits and issues, an overall personal opinion (usually) and a conclusion. For the effectiveness, you need to discuss the pros and cons and a conclusion along with a real-life case study of the occurrence you're talking about. Keep linking back to the question and the case study. I hope this helps you!

Oh really? On the spec, it was only one line so thats why i just learnt a few quick facts and mainly ignored it.

btw srry for the slow reply
i found this and it’s prettt helpful

i guess it answers your questions for example and case studies http://arkwilliamparker.org/sites/default/files/GCSE%20Geography%20Revision%20Booklet-%20AQA%208035.pdf
Original post by clouddbubbles
i found this and it’s prettt helpful

i guess it answers your questions for example and case studies http://arkwilliamparker.org/sites/default/files/GCSE%20Geography%20Revision%20Booklet-%20AQA%208035.pdf

Wow thanks a lot :biggrin:. That rlly does help
Original post by BadManNik43
Wow thanks a lot :biggrin:. That rlly does help

yeah when i found it i was like WOAH because it makes it really clear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending