The Student Room Group

Can I contact Unis to delay submission of UCAS reference?

I don't have a reference because I ****ed **** up as usual blah blah blah.

Will Unis accept a UCAS reference delivered to them like 7-10 days after the deadline? Is that even a thing?

I'll just go to Uni in 2020 if it's not a possibility, was probs gonna fail this year anyway so im not too bummed
Original post by Anonymous
I don't have a reference because I ****ed **** up as usual blah blah blah.

Will Unis accept a UCAS reference delivered to them like 7-10 days after the deadline? Is that even a thing?

I'll just go to Uni in 2020 if it's not a possibility, was probs gonna fail this year anyway so im not too bummed

You need to ring them up tomorrow first thing to ask if they will accept a ucas application without a reference (and are happy to request a reference later).

If they don’t agree then change your choices to universities that do agree.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to ring them up tomorrow first thing to ask if they will accept a ucas application without a reference (and are happy to request a reference later).

If they don’t agree then change your choices to universities that do agree.

Hi, so I called and emailed all the Unis I wanted yesterday and am happy to say that York, Warwick, Exeter and Lancaster are all happy to accept my application with a delayed reference if it is provided within 7-10 days. Edinburgh said no straight up and Aberdeen said it will weaken the application. I will probably still apply to Aberdeen anyway though as they have low grade req in case I don't get AAB.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I called and emailed all the Unis I wanted yesterday and am happy to say that York, Warwick, Exeter and Lancaster are all happy to accept my application with a delayed reference if it is provided within 7-10 days. Edinburgh said no straight up and Aberdeen said it will weaken the application. I will probably still apply to Aberdeen anyway though as they have low grade req in case I don't get AAB.

That’s great news. Thanks for sharing the information about which universities said it was ok!
Reply 4
Hi!
You've applied to almost the same unis as I have, may I ask what you will be studying?
Reply 5
Original post by Boksr
Hi!
You've applied to almost the same unis as I have, may I ask what you will be studying?

Hi mate, I actually cancelled that application and reapplied this year. In 2019 I applied to study Philosophy, however this year I have applied to study Politics alongside a language (French or German depending on the Uni).

However, I once again ended up delaying my application! (Yes, I am hopeless at time management).

Fortunately, all the Universities I applied to this year were fine with delayed predicted grades again. They are Warwick, Lancaster, Exeter, Bristol and Nottingham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending