The Student Room Group

Can I not get help with my living costs?

I'm an EU student. From what I've gathered, I can apply for student loans and get a full grant, but I can't get help with my living costs. Is this true?

Acommodation costs SO MUCH and I come from a single-parent household, there's no way we'll be able to afford that. Is there really nothing I can do? I'm heartbroken.
Original post by cityofstars21
I'm an EU student. From what I've gathered, I can apply for student loans and get a full grant, but I can't get help with my living costs. Is this true?

Acommodation costs SO MUCH and I come from a single-parent household, there's no way we'll be able to afford that. Is there really nothing I can do? I'm heartbroken.

Hi there,

are you applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate course? Is your course full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

are you applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate course? Is your course full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire

Undergraduate, full time.
bump
Undergraduate, full time.

Hi there,

If you're applying for an undergraduate course for EU funding, you would only be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. Are you working in the UK and will you conitnue to work during your studies?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you're applying for an undergraduate course for EU funding, you would only be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. Are you working in the UK and will you conitnue to work during your studies?

Thanks,
Claire

No. I've yet to finish my studies in my home country.
No. I've yet to finish my studies in my home country.

Hi there,

You wouldn't be eligible for the Maintenance Loan based on what you have advised above. To be eligible to apply as an Migrant Worker, you would need to be in in the UK before 1st of September and be living in the UK or EU/EEA for 3 years before the start of the course and also be working during your studies. You can find more information on eligibility on our website here http://ow.ly/bcd730nk6gY.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending