The Student Room Group

Animation BA College decisions

Hi!!
So I’m wondering if anyone could fill me in about Arts University Bournemouth/Dundee/Edinburgh regarding their animation bachelor. I’ve received an offer from Aub pretty fast (in one day) but I don’t know anything from dundee or eca. What do you think about each of these universities? I’m looking for 2D and maybe 3D animation and also something that could give me internship opportunities.
So what about each university? (that if at least dundee accepts me if eca doesn’t)
Heya KMeep,

Sorry I won't be able to help with your queries directly, but hopefully I can bump this post for you if nothing else! I currently study BA(Hons) Photography at Plymouth College of Art, which is a specific Art and Design institution.

PCA offers a range of courses from Glass to Game Arts, including BA(Hons) Animation. Our course allows you to explore all areas of Animation, including 2D and 3D, as well as allowing you to practise art in a broader sense, with open work areas to encourage students to try out other practices as well as the discipline that they study in. Our website gives in-depth information about the course structure and modules, as well as examples of current students work and our Alumni.

Personally, I think that studying at an institution full of artists and designers is wonderful, you always have that in common with the people you pass in the hallways and it definitely gives a great sense of creative community. We are encouraged to explore other areas that we may not have considered before, and we also encouraged to collaborate with students across the college.

Please let me know if you'd like more information or if you want to know more about my experiences or any general questions, as I am happy to share with you and will try to answer any questions that you may have.

Hope this helps,
Harriet
Second Year BA(Hons) Photography Student and Student Ambassador at Plymouth College of Art
Reply 2
Original post by Plymouth College Of Art
Heya KMeep,

Sorry I won't be able to help with your queries directly, but hopefully I can bump this post for you if nothing else! I currently study BA(Hons) Photography at Plymouth College of Art, which is a specific Art and Design institution.

PCA offers a range of courses from Glass to Game Arts, including BA(Hons) Animation. Our course allows you to explore all areas of Animation, including 2D and 3D, as well as allowing you to practise art in a broader sense, with open work areas to encourage students to try out other practices as well as the discipline that they study in. Our website gives in-depth information about the course structure and modules, as well as examples of current students work and our Alumni.

Personally, I think that studying at an institution full of artists and designers is wonderful, you always have that in common with the people you pass in the hallways and it definitely gives a great sense of creative community. We are encouraged to explore other areas that we may not have considered before, and we also encouraged to collaborate with students across the college.

Please let me know if you'd like more information or if you want to know more about my experiences or any general questions, as I am happy to share with you and will try to answer any questions that you may have.

Hope this helps,
Harriet
Second Year BA(Hons) Photography Student and Student Ambassador at Plymouth College of Art

Thanks for answering! Well I’m really curious how’s life at an art uni. Sounds awesome, but also terrifying.
Hello!I did an animation Masters degree at ECA (finishing in 2015). The department is really underfunded and has a lackadaisical attitude. You basically get on with stuff yourself. Dundee's graduates seem to have a lot more
Original post by KMeep
Thanks for answering! Well I’m really curious how’s life at an art uni. Sounds awesome, but also terrifying.

In my experience of being a student at Plymouth College of Art, being a part of an institution that is entirely focused on art and design subjects is great; you know that you're always surrounded by creative minds and it makes it much easier to network and form creative communities. I personally feel that the university as a whole is more connected and you can find other students to collaborate with on projects where you may need help or someone with expertise in other practices.

I hope this helps,
Harriet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest