The Student Room Group

Can’t afford to pay for school- what do i say?

Hey everyone. So I am in year 11, and entering sixth form in september. I’ve applied to a grammar school that takes boarders, and so originally i applied for a boarding place. Now, my application is being considered and I am likely to receive a place to board on a scholarship however me and my dad have sat down and ultimately we cannot afford to pay the fees, even if i receive a scholarship. We are going to send an email tonight saying can my application be changed from a boarding place to a day pupil application however what should I say for the reason for it? I’m just scared they may look down on the application if i say it is due to financial reasons. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :smile:
If it's the sort of place which will look down on you for that it's probably not a place you want to go to :wink:

TBH you don't need to give a reason, just request the change.
Perhaps you could say you feel you wont fit in the grammar school or something and so its not right for you?
Reply 3
Original post by doodle_333
If it's the sort of place which will look down on you for that it's probably not a place you want to go to :wink:

TBH you don't need to give a reason, just request the change.

yeah, might not even give a reason until they ask!
I'd just be honest and say financial issues, but for now maybe just request if you can change the type of application
Reply 5
Original post by AzureCeleste
I'd just be honest and say financial issues, but for now maybe just request if you can change the type of application

will do, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending