The Student Room Group

Zero privacy in my room is ruining alone time with my girlfriend.

I live in a 4 bedroom house, unfortunately the room I end up getting has zero privacy while the others do.

This came about because the way the house was set up. The laundry room is in the garage and the only way to get to garage was to go outside across the patio and into the garage door. My parents got tired of it and put a door going through my room into the garage.

My brothers whole family lives in the room in the garage and since it is the only way into the house without going outside; they just walk in my room constantly. So it is not so much my parents as it is his family that constantly goes in and out of my room even at night. No knocking.

Me and my girlfriend are in a long distance relationship and having alone time to do adult things is really difficult. Once it gets too late in the morning the house just gets too active and too many people just come in and out of my room.

I can't get another room since all the rooms are taken and the only true privacy I get is when I am in the restroom. You can imagine how this is making my love life incredibly complicated because of all this and I just don't know what to do anymore.
Reply 1
Your situation really sucks [although it was kinda funny to read.. lol]

I wish you good luck on getting it resolved, but my guess is you'll have to move out for that to happen...
Reply 2
"my guess is you'll have to move out for that to happen..."

Moving out would be nice, except I need to get my career going first; so that is definitely a long term solution. Another problem (no fault of her own) is our drasticly different time zones. At night when I feel like I am really alone; she is at work. My night time is her day time and only in the wee hours of the morning are we able to see each other before she goes to bed. I go to bed around 11PM so I can get up around 4AM to talk to her and sometimes shes not home until around 6:30 (when the house is dangerously close to becoming alive).

I could talk to my brother about it; but what do I expect to come from it? "Hey I am kind of doing sexual things with my girlfriend; mind not coming into the house for about an hour or so?" They have no bathroom back there so every time someone needs to go; its through my bedroom. (They have everything back there but a bathroom)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending