The Student Room Group

RAF 2.4km run or bleep test?

I am currently training with the hope to apply and pass to become a Police Officer in the RAF. I have seen varying sources, none of which give the same answer/guide as to what the fitness requirements are reference the test including a 2.4km run or a bleep test. Can anyone confirm what I would be doing in the fitness test?
The requirements are clearly stated on the RAF careers website.
Original post by EconWarrior
The requirements are clearly stated on the RAF careers website.

It provides a table of both the Bleep test and 2.4km run. So I am expected to do both?
Reply 3
Original post by sophbirm1808
It provides a table of both the Bleep test and 2.4km run. So I am expected to do both?

You will do both during the various stages of training.

The fitter you are overall, the less it matters what type of test you do - you'll be able to pass either.
Fitness test - 2.4km treadmill run

PRTC - Bleep test
Reply 5
Original post by newbie1016
Fitness test - 2.4km treadmill run

PRTC - Bleep test

Police Officer = IOT, not RTC. Where they'll do 2.4k outside runs and bleep tests.
Original post by sophbirm1808
I am currently training with the hope to apply and pass to become a Police Officer in the RAF. I have seen varying sources, none of which give the same answer/guide as to what the fitness requirements are reference the test including a 2.4km run or a bleep test. Can anyone confirm what I would be doing in the fitness test?

HI

I'll confirm. If you've applied for Police Officer you'll only do the MSFT (Bleep Test) and Press Ups and Sit Ups at OASC.

If you're successful at every stage and get a place at IOT, you'll do a 2.4km run outdoors on your familiarisation visit to RAF Cranwell beforehand, so you'll need to prepare for both.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Original post by RAF_Adam
HI

I'll confirm. If you've applied for Police Officer you'll only do the MSFT (Bleep Test) and Press Ups and Sit Ups at OASC.

If you're successful at every stage and get a place at IOT, you'll do a 2.4km run outdoors on your familiarisation visit to RAF Cranwell beforehand, so you'll need to prepare for both.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Thanks very much for clearing this up for me Adam.

Quick Reply

Latest