The Student Room Group

Psychology masters

Hi guys,

I am currently in my second year studying psychology. I will like to get into clinical psychology but as many know the pathway is long and it takes a lot of experience.
I'm applying for volunteering at the moment as well as support worker jobs as they say it works well. However I'm not sure what to do f9r my masters.
I was considering A IAPT course to become a psychological well being practitioner as a starting point and from there apply to a clinical psychology doctorate.
Any suggestions or advice?
on the other hand I was also considering going in to health psychology but I know that there are literally no jobs in that field.
You will get on a general master's degree in Psychology no problem, but whether it is any use getting you further towards your goal is a hot potato of discussion.

The PGDip for PWP is highly competitive and you will need more experience. The support worker is the right idea supplemented with other things.

Private sector AP jobs in towns and more rural areas are a lot better odds than NHS jobs. It would be achievable for a grad to get that 6 months out of uni.

Quick Reply

Latest