The Student Room Group

Funding for a second masters

Hi,

I already have an LLb and Llm in Law, but would love to transfer my skills now to Psychology. I've seen that there are MSc Psychology Conversion courses which would be perfect for me.

However, I've seen that there is potentially no funding for these, as I have already completed a masters, is this true even though Psychology is on the exception list? if so what are my options for getting into Psychology?

Any advice on this is appreciated. Thank you!
Original post by AW22211
Hi,

I already have an LLb and Llm in Law, but would love to transfer my skills now to Psychology. I've seen that there are MSc Psychology Conversion courses which would be perfect for me.

However, I've seen that there is potentially no funding for these, as I have already completed a masters, is this true even though Psychology is on the exception list? if so what are my options for getting into Psychology?

Hi there,

Psychology is an exception when studied part-time: this means you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan for the duration. If your course isn't distance learning you should be entitled to a Maintenance Loan too.

So, if you have any universities in mind we'd definitely suggest asking if it's possible to do this part-time.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Psychology is an exception when studied part-time: this means you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan for the duration. If your course isn't distance learning you should be entitled to a Maintenance Loan too.

So, if you have any universities in mind we'd definitely suggest asking if it's possible to do this part-time.

Thanks, Graeme

thank you, is this the case with masters as well even though I already have a masters. I just read something recently that made me definitely think I can't do it if I already have completed a masters?
Original post by AW22211
thank you, is this the case with masters as well even though I already have a masters. I just read something recently that made me definitely think I can't do it if I already have completed a masters?

Hi there,

We would still disregard the masters if it is an undergraduate exception course.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
hi sorry no I meant is there an exception for doing a psychology masters if I've already don't a masters. as I wanted to do a psychology conversion masters but I can't see that that is included. are my degrees only not counted if I take a psychology undergraduate? as I didn't really want to do that.
Original post by AW22211
hi sorry no I meant is there an exception for doing a psychology masters if I've already don't a masters. as I wanted to do a psychology conversion masters but I can't see that that is included. are my degrees only not counted if I take a psychology undergraduate? as I didn't really want to do that.

Hi there,

It is only the undergraduate courses that are available under the exception rule.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by AW22211
Hi,

@AW22211
I am curious to where you want to study..

I did my MSc Psychology conversion at Arden University which is fully accredited with the BPS, and they had a mix of 100% online and blended learning opportunities in Manchester, London, Birmingham and Leeds. I've worked in education myself for 10 years and they have the best virtual learning environment I have come across

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending