The Student Room Group

Dizziness and nausea during excersize

Hi chaps just looking for advice/experience on this is anyone has experienced it.

After a stint of about a year of being a lazy b@stard and doing nothing I decided to get back to boxing.

Obviously I expected discomfort and a difficulty maintaining a good level of effort however, before going into boxing drills we did the obligatory circuit session.

After about 10ish minutes I had to stop as I had started to feel a little light headed. Within minutes of stopping the light headedness turned to full on dizziness, dodgy hearing and really bad nausea (I didn't end up vomiting)

Spent about 10 mins outside, head against a wall. I'm pretty certain when I was talking the the guy outside with me I was slurring like a drunk.

Anyhow after 5 or so minutes he suggested putting my head between my legs to get blood to my head or something. That worked and made me feel better. I tried to complete the session after but didn't manage much from that point onwards, all my muscles at that point seemed to have given up on me, almost like I was exhausted. Which after 10 mins is terrible....even if my*fitness*is poor.

Anyone experienced anything similar to this during high intensity excersize?

Cheers dudes

Brian
try hydrating youself with water and start with warm-ups if it's too intense to do straight away. But everyday try brisk walking instead of driving in short distances. Overtime or even just 2 weeks you'd be surprised how fitter you become than you did. Maybe it's the temperature...

Quick Reply

Latest