The Student Room Group

feel lonely :-(

all the people in my year have gfs and i don't. it never used to be a problem but everyone literally has one now and people are making fun of me for not having one. i want a relationship but they never seem to last, usually be cause the girl doesn't actually want one or changes their mind, any help. everyone i'm not even joking as well in my year has had some kind of sex and im really jealous. im y11. please help
Original post by Anonymous
all the people in my year have gfs and i don't. it never used to be a problem but everyone literally has one now and people are making fun of me for not having one. i want a relationship but they never seem to last, usually be cause the girl doesn't actually want one or changes their mind, any help. everyone i'm not even joking as well in my year has had some kind of sex and im really jealous. im y11. please help

You're exaggerating and making yourself feel worse. Not every single person in your year is in a relationship or has had sex, so you are not alone. Relationships at your age are crap. People are just in them look cool. Focus on your GCSEs and relationships will come later when you and the girls are more mature.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're exaggerating and making yourself feel worse. Not every single person in your year is in a relationship or has had sex, so you are not alone. Relationships at your age are crap. People are just in them look cool. Focus on your GCSEs and relationships will come later when you and the girls are more mature.

im literally not but okay, and i hear the focus on your gcses all the time. i already do and am miles ahead of everyone else. i have no fun and enjoyment in life. i have no friends either.
im literally not but okay, and i hear the focus on your gcses all the time. i already do and am miles ahead of everyone else. i have no fun and enjoyment in life. i have no friends either.

So you know every single person in your year group and know about every single person's sex life do you, and the ins and outs of their relationships?

What hobbies do you have? What do you enjoy doing in your free time? What clubs are you a member of?

If you don't have hobbies and aren't a part of any clubs then make a change and get involved with things. It's useless moping around online about how unhappy you are. To see a change you have to make a change. I know you can do it, you just need to show yourself you can.
I’m 18 in a month and a half and I’ve never been with anymore, kissed anyone, had sex with anymore... I sound like a damn nun lol. And honestly rn I’m fine with that. But mate, if I were you I’d find something you like doing and do it. Maybe you’ll find someone through that, friends or more or whatever. Your life shouldn’t be about GCSEs and nothing else, but your life shouldn’t be about finding someone or having sex or whatever anyway.
all the people in my year have gfs and i don't. it never used to be a problem but everyone literally has one now and people are making fun of me for not having one. i want a relationship but they never seem to last, usually be cause the girl doesn't actually want one or changes their mind, any help. everyone i'm not even joking as well in my year has had some kind of sex and im really jealous. im y11. please helF

Focus on self-improvement e.g learning a new skill, going to the gym etc. for YOU and not because you want to impress a girl. Focus on yourself and ignore what other people are doing. If I were you I would limit social media usage as people LOVE flexing and it'll eventually arouse the feeling of desperation and jealousy/envy. Lastly, be patient. You're only 15/16, enjoy yourself as a carefree youth whilst it lasts. Not only that but as long as you play your cards right and follow my advice above you should eventually find yourself a girl. Don't rush it because if you appear desperate you'll lower your chances of you ssecuring a girl. Patience is a virtue
I'm year 11 and believe me, if you think alot of people have had sex or have a relationship out of school because they tolled you, most of them could be lies.
Besides, a relationship isn't about sex and dating just to seem cool.
if you like someone make conversation with them, hobbies, interests, all of that.
also don't stress yourself, focas more on your GCSEs and exams.
Reply 7
Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth
Focus on self-improvement e.g learning a new skill, going to the gym etc. for YOU and not because you want to impress a girl. Focus on yourself and ignore what other people are doing. If I were you I would limit social media usage as people LOVE flexing and it'll eventually arouse the feeling of desperation and jealousy/envy. Lastly, be patient. You're only 15/16, enjoy yourself as a carefree youth whilst it lasts. Not only that but as long as you play your cards right and follow my advice above you should eventually find yourself a girl. Don't rush it because if you appear desperate you'll lower your chances of you ssecuring a girl. Patience is a virtue

lol i haven't really enjoyed my youth i've had a lot of problems, i go to the gym though but i just get lonely because i never have any friends to go out with so always on my own at home.
Reply 8
least you aint a ****
lol i haven't really enjoyed my youth i've had a lot of problems, i go to the gym though but i just get lonely because i never have any friends to go out with so always on my own at home.

What are your hobbies? Surely you must have at least one?
don't take life to seriously. don't worry about what others think about you. how do you feel about you without all of the peer pressure? yes having a relationship is good but it doesn't last forever and there are ups and downs.
work on yourself before you work towards a relationship. tune out the negative thoughts. relationships will come to you when you are comfortable and confident in yourself. and don't rush life. enjoy the moment. you're supposedly only 16. you've got loads more years in life. it's not the destination that matters. it's the journey.
hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending