The Student Room Group

I want to be homeschooled but how can I convince my parents?

I recently got expelled from my school and I am being sent to a different school,I don't know anyone there but I don't like the idea of being sent to a school where I'll be known as the kid with no friends, I'm not a particularly popular person and I lack the confidence to try and meet new people which is why I'd rather be home schooled,however my parents don't like the idea of me being home schooled as I could become 'anti sociable'. Is there any way I could convince them to agree to this idea?
Original post by 3txezkgnibqj7pry
I recently got expelled from my school and I am being sent to a different school,I don't know anyone there but I don't like the idea of being sent to a school where I'll be known as the kid with no friends, I'm not a particularly popular person and I lack the confidence to try and meet new people which is why I'd rather be home schooled,however my parents don't like the idea of me being home schooled as I could become 'anti sociable'. Is there any way I could convince them to agree to this idea?

I think that being sent to a new school will give you the opportunity to meet new people and perhaps make new friends. Why do you presume that you will be unpopular? I would say give your new school a chance and try to be more open to talking to others. People join new schools at different times in the year and can still make friends, don't automatically assume the worst.
Start studying hard for English, Maths and other IGCSE subjects and begin registering as a private candidate for exams, predict yourself to pick up multiple A/A* in various (I)GCSE subjects for each year of being homeschooled. Two years from now you will meet the requirements to start sixth form and to study AS/A levels. Excel academically and you will not have to worry about getting into your first choice college/sixth form. Being able to sit exams earlier than planned by most secondary schools will give you time to focus on other aspects of your character that will allow you to secure the life you want once you reach college - for example confidence, public speaking/debating skills, physical fitness, etc. Homeschooling will force you to take a proactive approach to your education, idleness will quickly result in failure.
I do think that most of my secondary school experience was a waste of time. I would have achieved in A* in more than 12 subjects if I became homeschooled during the final two years of GCSES. At that stage most people know how to research syllabuses, approach essays and past paper questions , everything is straighforward and your achievement is down to yourself at that stage.
Stay away from television, social media, and use free time to read a lot of classic english literature especially all those listed as recommended for Undergraduate/A level/GCSE.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending