Jobs Watch

Bossman tingz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does anyone know where I can get a job all the paper rounds in my area are taken and my parents aren’t the type to give me money for chores I’m 13 years old what can I do
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
barror1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dog walking or car washing? There's not really much you can do until you are 15/16 sadly
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bossman tingz)
Does anyone know where I can get a job all the paper rounds in my area are taken and my parents aren’t the type to give me money for chores I’m 13 years old what can I do
Like has been said in a lot of other threads, 99% of places do not take people on until they are 16. a) because of all the rules regarding employing under 16's and b) you dont have a national insurance number.

Keep trying with the paper rounds.
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
Like has been said in a lot of other threads, 99% of places do not take people on until they are 16. a) because of all the rules regarding employing under 16's and b) you dont have a national insurance number.

Keep trying with the paper rounds.
Yeah the rules are a little different for employing under 16s, but if you do get a job before that age you get a national insurance number in the post early. Fun fact from personal experience
RevisionWorld66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's so 1960s, delivering papers, get on with the times, and make sure you report your income to HMRC or your parents will end up behind bars.
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by barror1)
Yeah the rules are a little different for employing under 16s, but if you do get a job before that age you get a national insurance number in the post early. Fun fact from personal experience
How early?
I smell slight ******** here.
According to the gov website:
"Children under 16 don’t pay National Insurance, so you only need to include them on your payroll if their total income is over their personal allowance"
You do not get one early.
storm95
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can do odd chores here n there or better yet sell sweets and drinks at school
modifiedgenes
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Look for work in the local hotel or restaurant. Washing up is one such task you should be able to do.
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by storm95)
You can do odd chores here n there or better yet sell sweets and drinks at school
That brings back memories, a lot of kids in my year used to do that
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How early?
I smell slight ******** here.
According to the gov website:
"Children under 16 don’t pay National Insurance, so you only need to include them on your payroll if their total income is over their personal allowance"
You do not get one early.
It also says on the gov website that
"The youngest age a child can work part-time is 13"
I just wasn't entitled to minimum wage
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It also says on the gov website that
"The youngest age a child can work part-time is 13"
I just wasn't entitled to minimum wage
So when did you get yours then clever cloggs?
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So when did you get yours then clever cloggs?
Worked at a Laserquest at 15 for about a year before I left just before my GCSEs. Made £3.25 an hour on a zero hour contract. Nice try!
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Worked at a Laserquest at 15 for about a year before I left just before my GCSEs. Made £3.25 an hour on a zero hour contract. Nice try!
When did you actually get your national insurance though?
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When did you actually get your national insurance though?
When I started working lol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I started working lol
right o
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
right o
Don't forget to do your research in the future! You were super condescending which just wasn't very nice
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't forget to do your research in the future! You were super condescending which just wasn't very nice
I still dont quite believe you.
I know people who work for hmrc and from experience they dont usually give them out early.
Even so, thats not going to help the OP, who is only 13. They definitely arent going to give them out at 13.
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know people who work for hmrc and from experience they dont usually give them out early.
Even so, thats not going to help the OP, who is only 13. They definitely arent going to give them out at 13.
Well that was my personal experience! I received a second copy of my NI just before I turned 16. If you don't want to believe it, that's fine. Just wanted to try and give some friendly advice to OP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
59.85%
No (159)
40.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise