The Student Room Group

Sick and tired of a levels

I received vast majority A*'s for GCSE's but then at the start of a levels I have been clinically diagnosed with depression which I am still getting treatment for.It took a very long time to get any treatment what so ever (8 months) after getting fed up of waiting I went to a private psychiatrist to start treatment.So 8 months of my education went down the drain as I couldn't function properly in a school environment and missed a lot of days of school and haven't been given any support in school.

I ended up failed all AS except biology (A grade).I had to resit maths and chemistry AS papers and still failed chemistry and received a C/B in maths.I am still struggling with my mental illness and 20 hours of therapy didn't really do much for me.I feel overwhelmed by a levels and frankly I am finding them incredibly boring and difficult.Everyone on TSR seems to be predicted A/A* and I feel incredibly inadequate and I know I can only blame myself.I want them to just finish I feel incredibly tired and unmotivated.My medicine leaves me feeling heavily sedated but I don't want to change my medication or stop taking it.
Original post by Anonymous
I received vast majority A*'s for GCSE's but then at the start of a levels I have been clinically diagnosed with depression which I am still getting treatment for.It took a very long time to get any treatment what so ever (8 months) after getting fed up of waiting I went to a private psychiatrist to start treatment.So 8 months of my education went down the drain as I couldn't function properly in a school environment and missed a lot of days of school and haven't been given any support in school.

I ended up failed all AS except biology (A grade).I had to resit maths and chemistry AS papers and still failed chemistry and received a C/B in maths.I am still struggling with my mental illness and 20 hours of therapy didn't really do much for me.I feel overwhelmed by a levels and frankly I am finding them incredibly boring and difficult.Everyone on TSR seems to be predicted A/A* and I feel incredibly inadequate and I know I can only blame myself.I want them to just finish I feel incredibly tired and unmotivated.My medicine leaves me feeling heavily sedated but I don't want to change my medication or stop taking it.

Don't compare yourself and your grades to other users of TSR. In real life, a lot of students will be predicted grades of different levels, and not everyone will talk about this on an internet forum. Like social media, you can't tell someone's entire life on what they write on an internet forum - they will only post the things that they want to post, so dwelling on this will only make you feel worse and distract you from moving ahead.

Have you talked to your family and school about taking some time out and resitting the year (if possible) when you are ready? Your priority should be your health and wellbeing, and finding a way to treat it that works for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending