The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
firstly go through all the accomodation posts. secondly they're all the basically the same. out of experience i prefer derby to lincoln but that's because i felt the students in lincoln were crap. LAST YEAR. people you get lumped with change EVERY YEAR so there's no hall better than the other.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks I thought the same that the halls shouldn't be all that different but still I'm curious :wink:
The only vague difference is in terms of facilities - the halls are identical in terms of food and as for people you really can't predict based on previous years. To be honest, most of the halls have pretty good social lives and the only real difference I can think between them is that Derby has a Mix (continental cafe) whereas Lincoln has a bar, which is hardly a determinative factor given that they're next door to each other. Also I think I'm right in saying that one of the blocks in Lincoln has a bridge leading to its door, which I found to be a nice touch!
Reply 4
true about the bridge in lincoln and the huge quadrangle/court/garden thing in the middle but derby's got that as well. :p:
Reply 5
I got some good information about Lincoln in this thread. I'm sure there's more posts on Lincoln and Derby if you search this forum.

Incidentally, I chose Lincoln out of the two. :p:
Reply 6
markdr
I got some good information about Lincoln in this thread. I'm sure there's more posts on Lincoln and Derby if you search this forum.

Incidentally, I chose Lincoln out of the two. :p:

Thanks:smile: Well I also put Lincoln on the first place but they say that we aren't guaranteed that our first choice will be fulfilled:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending