The Student Room Group

Architecture application portfolio

Hey guys, I'm interested in architecture but I'm kind of stuck as I haven't done any kind of art and need to make a portfolio for my uni application but have no idea on how to approach it, any advice?
Original post by Sulaiman Mamoun
Hey guys, I'm interested in architecture but I'm kind of stuck as I haven't done any kind of art and need to make a portfolio for my uni application but have no idea on how to approach it, any advice?

Do you draw, make things or do anything creative at all in your free time?
I sketch whenever I can. Usually characters or logos. I've started to practice drawing detailed human faces and am joining art classes in May.
Original post by Sulaiman Mamoun
I sketch whenever I can. Usually characters or logos. I've started to practice drawing detailed human faces and am joining art classes in May.

That sounds good (you’d be shocked how many people say they want to become architects but also that they hate drawing and creative stuff:eek: ).
The two main things that are common (and helpful) in an architecture portfolio is drawing from life (doesn’t have to be naked people - it’s just about representing what’s in front of you on paper instead of using photos as references) and 3d work (so making models, sculpting, clay modelling, even making clothes...it’s just about showing that you can design in 3 dimensions).

Keep up the sketching and keep trying to challenge yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending