The Student Room Group

Resitting year 12

-I'm really not enjoying/feeling fulfilled by my time in 6th form and am planning to resit my first year at college, taking different courses.
-I also am short on money, learning to drive and would like support my household with a part time job
-Would it be possible to "drop out" for the rest of this academic year or would the "staying in education until 18" thing prevent that despite the fact I'm going to complete a further 2 years of education?

Many thanks
My brother dropped out of sixth form during year 12 and spent the rest of that academic year out of education due to his depression. He started year 12 again at a different sixth form and choose completely different a levels. Now he is a successful second year law student at Birmingham. I myself have also started year 12 again after moving schools however I didn’t take time out as I just moved to a new sixth form straight away and basically just did a trial run until the new academic year. A lot of student resit year 12 and end up finishing sixth form when they are 19

Quick Reply

Latest