The Student Room Group

How to look taller as a 4'6 (138cm) girl?

Hey everyone. I'm not a dwarf and I'm British. Recently been feeling insecure about my height. Any ways I can feel and look taller at uni and just in general? Just want to look average height lol.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

wear high heels? except thats a pretty obvious answer i cant give no optical illusion answer.
have a "tall hair" style. having a pixie crop will make you look tiny.
Given your height, I don’t see much you could do to look taller besides wearing heels, wearing clothes with vertical lines and wearing clothes where the level of colour darkens from the bottom to top, a smooth transition.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by fimblewinter
wear high heels? except thats a pretty obvious answer i cant give no optical illusion answer.

Obviously lol but theres barely any heels in a kids size 13
wear heels, wider leg pants (only if they suit you) and if you show your hair then maybe try a hairstyle with a lot of volume.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone. I'm not a dwarf and I'm British. Recently been feeling insecure about my height. Any ways I can feel and look taller at uni and just in general? Just want to look average height lol.

Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
have a "tall hair" style. having a pixie crop will make you look tiny.

What's the difference lol
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Given your height, I don’t see much you could do to look average besides wearing heels, wearing clothes with vertical lines and wearing clothes where the level of colour darkens from the bottom o top, a smooth transition.

Didnt know of these things other than heels, thanks
But on heels it's hard to find them in kids size 13
Reply 7
Original post by Mrs.Grey
wear heels, wider leg pants (only if they suit you) and if you show your hair then maybe try a hairstyle with a lot of volume.

Thanks, I've said above about heels though and I usually buy kids pants but I'll hunt Asian websites to try find some small enough. Thanks!
Hmm, wear heels and a hairstyle that is tall, that’s all you can really do.

Thanks!

You'd be bloody tall for a dwarf anyway.

What's wrong with being short though?
https://pretty-small-shoes.com/search?q=high+heels&type=product

found a website that done some. high heels in size 13

honestly you could find other websites this is just the first one i found.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Nathan27a
Hmm, wear heels and a hairstyle that is tall, that’s all you can really do.

Thanks for the hair idea. Addressed heels above tho!
It’s just an idea, I think I saw someone else already comment this but wearing clothes with vertical lines might make you look slightly taller,

Thanks for the hair idea. Addressed heels above tho!
I'm 5'5 and think I'm too short :/ But I wear heels all the time and when I wear long coats like just above the knee people say I look taller
Didnt know of these things other than heels, thanks
But on heels it's hard to find them in kids size 13

Well, have a look at different stores, I’m sure some will offer your size.
Original post by ClarissaEmile
I'm 5'5 and think I'm too short :/ But I wear heels all the time and when I wear long coats like just above the knee people say I look taller

No way, youre not short!
Original post by fimblewinter
https://pretty-small-shoes.com/search?q=high+heels&type=product

found a website that done some. high heels in size 13

honestly you could find other websites this is just the first one i found.

Oh wow thanks. Soooo expensive though!
Large sole shoes designed for height boosts might get you to 4'9 but no point tbh.
wear bigger shoes and maybe find certain clothes that make you look bigger. or get a stool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending