The Student Room Group

Should I reject all offers for LSE?

Got 4 offers : 3 for Economics @ Bath, Bristol & Warwick, the other for E&M @ King’s. But not my dream uni LSE.

I couldn’t apply for pure econs at Lse/Ucl since I didn’t get an A* for c34. So I gave up on ucl but still tried for lse - Maths, Stats & Business AAA

And yup, got rejected because my personal statement was mainly about economics but I still did touch a bit on Stats.

But anyways, what shld I do now? :frown: Since I have to firm/insurance, i feel like it’s not worth going to uk if it’s not lse/ucl. Shld I take a gap yr instead and try for the next intake this coming Oct?
Original post by battie
Got 4 offers : 3 for Economics @ Bath, Bristol & Warwick, the other for E&M @ King’s. But not my dream uni LSE.

I couldn’t apply for pure econs at Lse/Ucl since I didn’t get an A* for c34. So I gave up on ucl but still tried for lse - Maths, Stats & Business AAA

And yup, got rejected because my personal statement was mainly about economics but I still did touch a bit on Stats.

But anyways, what shld I do now? :frown: Since I have to firm/insurance, i feel like it’s not worth going to uk if it’s not lse/ucl. Shld I take a gap yr instead and try for the next intake this coming Oct?

do you already have your a levels?
Why is LSE your dream uni? Dont base your future soley on the uni's reputation. What actually matters is the course itself and how much you like it. If you like the courses of the unis you have offers from why wouldnt you firm one of them
Original post by blackvoid17
Why is LSE your dream uni? Dont base your future soley on the uni's reputation. What actually matters is the course itself and how much you like it. If you like the courses of the unis you have offers from why wouldnt you firm one of them

Because this person isn't from the UK. When you're from outside, you choose unis based on reputation. (mostly atleast). UK's expensive.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
do you already have your a levels?

My final results are coming out this week, I’m taking IAL
Reply 5
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
Because this person isn't from the UK. When you're from outside, you choose unis based on reputation. (mostly atleast). UK's expensive.

Yea, I’m not from UK. I actually don’t mind Warwick since it’s reputation is as par as UCL for Economics, but the international fees is toooo expensive (its £25k)😭 so I’m not sure which uni to go then if I can’t get scholarship from my country
Original post by battie

have you seen LSE's appalling student satisfaction and Bronze Teaching ratings? the place is just an exam factory. Warwick's reputation is just a bit below, but without all the negatives (albeit in a terribly boring location). all 5 of your choices will bring you great employment prospects, i can't recommend any one in particular as each has its strengths.
Reply 7
Original post by CollectiveSoul
have you seen LSE's appalling student satisfaction and Bronze Teaching ratings? the place is just an exam factory. Warwick's reputation is just a bit below, but without all the negatives (albeit in a terribly boring location). all 5 of your choices will bring you great employment prospects, i can't recommend any one in particular as each has its strengths.

Which one would you insurance then, supposed you were me? My initial plan was to firm Warwick and insurance Bath (due to its 1yr placement). But ppl around me kept saying to insurance bristol instead for it's "better" reputation in both uk & internationally since it's a Russell group uni.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by battie

Take Warwick, it is very good on Economics. Same as UCL.
Reply 9
Original post by the_queen
Take Warwick, it is very good on Economics. Same as UCL.

Do you have any friends studying at Warwick right now? How is student life there? I heard it's really boring and there's barely anything. I'm more of a quiet place kinda girl so I wouldn't mind since there's less distractions & I can study.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by battie
Do you have any friends studying at Warwick right now? How is student life there? I heard it's really boring and there's barely anything. I'm more of a quiet place kinda girl so I wouldn't mind since there's less distractions & I can study.

I know someone studying engineering there. It is a campus university so not so much clubing like in London. You have to go to the nearest city if you want some night life. It is quiet, this person likes it. In reputation for Economics is as UCL.

By the way, I heard that LSE is below UCL in terms of teaching, it is too much independent study and a lot of exams. Actually you pay to study by yourself.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by battie
Which one would you insurance then, supposed you were me? My initial plan was to firm Warwick and insurance Bath (due to its 1yr placement). But ppl around me kept saying to insurance bristol instead for it's "better" reputation in both uk & internationally since it's a Russell group uni.

nobody can say for sure which course will suit you best, but otherwise i totally agree with firming Warwick and insuring Bath due to its 1yr placement. Bristol and Bath are both equally prestigious, Bristol is known to be more posh but Bath is known to be more sciencey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending