The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE History 8145 - Paper 1 & 2 - 3rd & 06th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

I do🙋🏾*♀️

Original post by D_1432
I thought the questions were quite good - I did Germany and conflict and tension 1918-1939. Anyone else do these?
Reply 21
i did germany 1890-1945 and conflict between the east and west 1945-1972. thought the papers weren't too bad, but a question or two did throw me off. for example the write an account one with yalta and potsdam ... struggled with that and ended up writing something about deciding to split germany into four at potsdam leading to the berlin blockade once the west formed trizona and some other bs that i can't remember
Hahah, what can i say i can see the future. All seriousness though, im glad to help :biggrin: its what this forum is for. I did America 1835-1890 and Conflict and Tension 1918-1939. I liked the America paper although i found the 12 marker (on homesteaders) a little odd, i loved the conflict and tension paper but had no idea what they wanted for write an account, it was like on the peacemakers in 1919, in the end i took it as what the leaders of the big three wanted but idk if thats right.
Original post by 4 NEED HELP GSCE
Hey guess what Cuba came up as the 16 mark queisstion and i was thinking about you and the liknk you sent. Helped loads
Thanks.
Overall the paper was okay. How did everyone elses go?
lol, hopefully it right and you get it correct. :smile:
Original post by SuspiciousDuck
Hahah, what can i say i can see the future. All seriousness though, im glad to help :biggrin: its what this forum is for. I did America 1835-1890 and Conflict and Tension 1918-1939. I liked the America paper although i found the 12 marker (on homesteaders) a little odd, i loved the conflict and tension paper but had no idea what they wanted for write an account, it was like on the peacemakers in 1919, in the end i took it as what the leaders of the big three wanted but idk if thats right.
Anyone ready for paper 2?
we're doing
Elizaberth and Medicine- Health and the people.
Whoevers doing Elizabeth learn the globe cuz we know 100% thats coming in
Also Britan medicine factors thats also deffo comng in as16 mark q
Good Luck revising.
And if any one needs anything happy to help.
(edited 4 years ago)
i do the same. have u got any predictions??
Anyone ready for paper 2?
we're doing
Elizaberth and Medicine- Health and the people.
Whoevers doing Elizabeth learn the globe cuz we know 100% thats coming in
Also Britan medicine factors thats also deffo comng in as16 mark q
Good Luck revising.
And if any one needs anything happy to help.
idkk but i think war will come up as a factor cuz thers been sci and tech religion and induvidual but some factors kinda tie in with each otherso like Pare was war but it was also chance and he can also be used as induvidual, because like he made the mixture of egg whites turpentine and rose oil in war when he ran out of hot oil but he wasnt sure if it would work and was worried however it worked out better. so he found this a better way and prefered it then using it for others. so it all ties in
but i dnt have any other predictions ill see tho.
Original post by nicole123444xxx
i do the same. have u got any predictions??
I completely agree
idkk but i think war will come up as a factor cuz thers been sci and tech religion and induvidual but some factors kinda tie in with each otherso like Pare was war but it was also chance and he can also be used as induvidual, because like he made the mixture of egg whites turpentine and rose oil in war when he ran out of hot oil but he wasnt sure if it would work and was worried however it worked out better. so he found this a better way and prefered it then using it for others. so it all ties in
yeahh. I think for elizabethan there will be a question on poverty and golden age or plots.
My predictions:
Power and the People
pilgrimage of grace
first barons war compared to second barons war
votes for women
methods of protest from medieval ages until race relations/brixton riots

Elizabethan
Spanish Armada
causes of poverty
how Elizabeth dealt with puritans/ catholics/ puritans and catholics
rise in technology was the main change demonstrated by the globe
Reply 30
Yh that's what we were told, even fashion
Original post by nicole123444xxx
yeahh. I think for elizabethan there will be a question on poverty and golden age or plots.
Heyy thank you
u know for Elizabeth what can you say about rise in tehnology tho??
Original post by angellynne
My predictions:
Power and the People
pilgrimage of grace
first barons war compared to second barons war
votes for women
methods of protest from medieval ages until race relations/brixton riots

Elizabethan
Spanish Armada
causes of poverty
how Elizabeth dealt with puritans/ catholics/ puritans and catholics
rise in technology was the main change demonstrated by the globe
Prefabricated walls made by Peter Street
Trapdoors so characters can rise or fall / sound effects from the Heavens
brick foundation/ thatched roofs
Heyy thank you
u know for Elizabeth what can you say about rise in tehnology tho??
‘The main reason for the growing popularity of the theatre in Elizabethan England was the development of new purpose built structures’ How far does a study of Shakespeare’s Globe support this statement? (16 marks)

If it was similar to this question, what would you guys include?

One reason for the growing popularity of theatre in Elizabethan England was the development of new purpose built structures. The Globe was specially purpose built theatre in Southwark outside the walls of the city of London next to the Thames. Before this, actors used to perform on temporary stages in the street. New developments in construction meant that a purpose built structure could be made with prefabricated panels made by Peter Street, brick foundations and a thatched roof. This meant performances could be regularly held and professional acting companies could be set up in these theatres. They were able to advertise what plays were on with coloured flags being raised to let everyone know the type of play. These new structures also allowed them to make the plays more exciting with special effects such a trap door in the stage and sound effects like thunder and cannon fire coming from the ‘Heavens’. These new structures made theatre more popular because it meant regular performances from professional actors were well advertised and it made performances much more exciting. For these reasons, the development of purpose built structures led to the growth in popularity of theatre in Elizabethan England.

Another reason for the growing of theatre in Elizabethan England was through the rise of the Gentry. For example, Elizabethan theatres demonstrated one’s status in society depending on their locations in the theatres. Those who were poor would be in the pit as the cost, 1 penny, was fairly cheap so even the poor people would want to visit the theatre for entertainment. Then, those who were more wealthy (such as the nobles and gentry) could afford to pay additional pennies to stay in the galleries or the Lord’s room where they were closer to the stage and spectators could see them. These galleries protected people from the weather (unlike those in the pit) and even cushions and refreshments were offered for additional money. There was a rise in popularity for Elizabethan theatres as more people could afford to watch plays in the gentry and would feel the need to showcase their status and wealth through their locations within the theatre. For these reasons, the rise in the gentry led to the growth in popularity of theatre in Elizabethan England.

Lastly, one other reason for the growth of popularity for Elizabethan theatres was because it was a wholesome, entertaining cultural experience. Those in the pit could engage with the plays through heckling or even shouting in support for their favourite character(s). As well as this, due to the theatres such as the Globe that was outside the city, many people who went to the theatres could experience bear cage fights, pubs which was far different to the wealthy lifestyle.
(edited 4 years ago)
yhh i would include what you did
for location i would also mention that it was located near the Thames which meant that busines men would pass for their business and after they would go there for entertainment. also the tired seating was a purpose built structure that allowed every one to veiw the plays as it welcomed all.
‘The main reason for the growing popularity of the theatre in Elizabethan England was the development of new purpose built structures’ How far does a study of Shakespeare’s Globe support this statement? (16 marks)

If it was similar to this question, what would you guys include?

One reason for the growing popularity of theatre in Elizabethan England was the development of new purpose built structures. The Globe was specially purpose built theatre in Southwark outside the walls of the city of London next to the Thames. Before this, actors used to perform on temporary stages in the street. New developments in construction meant that a purpose built structure could be made with prefabricated panels made by Peter Street, brick foundations and a thatched roof. This meant performances could be regularly held and professional acting companies could be set up in these theatres. They were able to advertise what plays were on with coloured flags being raised to let everyone know the type of play. These new structures also allowed them to make the plays more exciting with special effects such a trap door in the stage and sound effects like thunder and cannon fire coming from the ‘Heavens’. These new structures made theatre more popular because it meant regular performances from professional actors were well advertised and it made performances much more exciting. For these reasons, the development of purpose built structures led to the growth in popularity of theatre in Elizabethan England.

Another reason for the growing of theatre in Elizabethan England was through the rise of the Gentry. For example, Elizabethan theatres demonstrated one’s status in society depending on their locations in the theatres. Those who were poor would be in the pit as the cost, 1 penny, was fairly cheap so even the poor people would want to visit the theatre for entertainment. Then, those who were more wealthy (such as the nobles and gentry) could afford to pay additional pennies to stay in the galleries or the Lord’s room where they were closer to the stage and spectators could see them. These galleries protected people from the weather (unlike those in the pit) and even cushions and refreshments were offered for additional money. There was a rise in popularity for Elizabethan theatres as more people could afford to watch plays in the gentry and would feel the need to showcase their status and wealth through their locations within the theatre. For these reasons, the rise in the gentry led to the growth in popularity of theatre in Elizabethan England.

Lastly, one other reason for the growth of popularity for Elizabethan theatres was because it was a wholesome, entertaining cultural experience. Those in the pit could engage with the plays through heckling or even shouting in support for their favourite character(s). As well as this, due to the theatres such as the Globe that was outside the city, many people who went to the theatres could experience bear cage fights, pubs which was far different to the wealthy lifestyle.
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you soo muchh
Prefabricated walls made by Peter Street
Trapdoors so characters can rise or fall / sound effects from the Heavens
brick foundation/ thatched roofs
you're welcome :smile:. What's your predictions on Elizabethan England?
Thank you soo muchh
i think that
spanish armada
religious settlement or religion
poverty

you're welcome :smile:. What's your predictions on Elizabethan England?
for the globe we got given these as possibe queistions:
‘The main change that theatres demonstrated was a move towards a less religious
society.’
How far does your study of The Globe support this statement?
Explain your answer.
You should refer to The Globe and your contextual knowledge.

‘The main change that theatres demonstrated was a more equal, better educated
society.’
Explain your answer.

‘The main change that theatres demonstrated was a more controlled society.’
Explain your answer.

‘The main change that theatres demonstrated was the greater wealth in society’.
Explain your answer.

Also the purpose bulit structures one which we did in class /well for homework.
Hope it helps
Does any one have anything to add on please do if you have
Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Q2.
8 marks
Explain importance about....

problem of poverty
rise in poverty
decisions/ questions about Elizabeth's marriage during her reign
privy council
exploration and trade (in asia)
voyages of discovery
rise in gentry ( theatres/fashion/ homes )
problem of recusancy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending