The Student Room Group

Personal statement !!//urgent

Hi there,
I’m currently in yr12 and I need some help with writing a personal statement . I’m applying for a work experience place at Imperial College and it only has to be about 200 words . I’m struggling as it’s my first time doing it :/
Some advice on what to write and how to make it effective will be so helpful .
The deadline for the application is tomorrow
Thanks
Hi there,

First of all answer yourself these questions:
What is it about?
Why are interested in it?
What will you gain from it?
How does it link to what you want to do in the future? (you may not know and hope this will aid you)

Then start writing. Start straight to the point and concise. Don’t be afraid to link it to a class topic you recently learnt or say you want some deeper practical understanding beyond your A-Levels. Just avoid being cliche.

Keep writing and then proof read it. Ask someone else to read it.

Hope this helps
It’s also good to make a list of things you would like to say before jumping straight in. Don’t worry too much about the first sentence that is a major barrier for many personal sentence. If it is as simple as “I want to study this course because” for now to get you writing the main stuff then do that and change the first sentence at the end
Reply 3
Hi Lora, I can help you with the writing
Reply 4
Original post by Marcus_:D
It’s also good to make a list of things you would like to say before jumping straight in. Don’t worry too much about the first sentence that is a major barrier for many personal sentence. If it is as simple as “I want to study this course because” for now to get you writing the main stuff then do that and change the first sentence at the end

Thank you so much , this has been really helpfull and I’m handling it now .
Original post by Lora02202
Thank you so much , this has been really helpfull and I’m handling it now .

I’m glad! Best of luck for the application and see if you can apply to other stuff too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending