The Student Room Group

Getting mixed signals from him

I'm talking to a boy who I fancy on SC But I'm not sure if he likes me back or not. He's giving me mixed signals. Whilst he does respond fairly quickly to my messages , asks me questions to keep the convo going and seems to want to get to know me and says things to make me laugh, he never initiates the convo, I'm always the one who does it and he doesn't say anything particularly flirty either. We've only been texting for a few days, so maybe it's too soon to know? Perhaps he just wants to get to know me better? His texts aren't ever really long, but they aren't one-worded usually either. So I'm confused. Any advice or ideas? Thanks
As hes doesnt say anything flirty as such, sounds like hes a guy who just is in the friend zone. Id let him initiate the conversation, as at the moment your the one thats doing it. It cant always be one sided, whether its just being mates or something more.
Yeah you sound like you're just his friend from the sounds of it. The guy I'm seeing doesn't initiate convo with me as often as I do because he works very long hours, however he does flirt with me when we speak and sort out dates and that. So I would say if he's not teasing you and flirting with you a tad, he's just keeping you as a friend.
Don't worry about his texts not being long either, guys tend to text like that haha and keep it short and simple.

I could be wrong though so if you really like him then just ask to hang out and see how it goes!
(edited 5 years ago)
friendzoned
Reply 4
Try to let him start the convo. If he's really into you, he'll do that.
If he's not, then class him as a friend.
Hope he starts to flirt with you.
Maybe he does not want to come across desperate? The risk with the above advice is he may think messaging you when you show no interest would make him look clingy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending