The Student Room Group

Clearing for Bristol Aero/Mech eng ?

Hi guys,

So long story short aero was oversubscribed this year at Bristol so they offered me an alternative course (I chose Mechanical and Electrical Engineering). I have straight aero or mechanical offers from Southampton and Warwick and think I will firm and insure them, despite wanting to go Bristol so bad (I don't feel like i'll try hard enough with Electrical Engineering).

Anyways I wanted to know if there's any chance come results day they will have any spaces for the courses available? I've had a look at Bristol's aerospace course and it looks like a better version of Southampton's so I want to go there SO BAD.
Original post by D7E
Hi guys,

So long story short aero was oversubscribed this year at Bristol so they offered me an alternative course (I chose Mechanical and Electrical Engineering). I have straight aero or mechanical offers from Southampton and Warwick and think I will firm and insure them, despite wanting to go Bristol so bad (I don't feel like i'll try hard enough with Electrical Engineering).

Anyways I wanted to know if there's any chance come results day they will have any spaces for the courses available? I've had a look at Bristol's aerospace course and it looks like a better version of Southampton's so I want to go there SO BAD.

You lose nothing by asking and it varies from year to year. If it is oversubscribed then they could easily have a waiting list to whom they could offer those places. Talk to admissions.

If I were in that position and definitely wanted Bristol then I would just take a gap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending