The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MSt in International Relations 2019/21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks for the reply. I rang last week too and wasn't told about other applicants, just to wait. The Easter hols will probably delay decisions too I suspect.
Original post by mrtn2019
I have not heard anything yet. No notification from the department and no update from the ICE yet.

However, I spoke to one of the admissions officers and was told that quite a few applicants have already received an offer.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
Any news from your end? My status shows the same as yours. So fingers crossed.
Original post by French Sitbon
Do you have in your admission portal this sentence: "Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days" and what does that mean?
Reply 22
I received an offer finally :smile: Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 23
Great news! Congratulations! :bird:
Did you find out via email or the portal?
Original post by French Sitbon
Do you have in your admission portal this sentence: "Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days" and what does that mean?

It means someone in the GAO pigged up a small change they went to make and then went on leave, so no-one else knows what is going on. It's not a status change.
Congratulations for this offer, enjoy it. My status hasn't changed yet.
I rang the admissions office today and they said no offers had been sent out yet? Maybe that's what they tend to say as a stock answer. I applied in Feb and haven't heard anything at all
Hi all,

I applied early Feb and heard back on the 17 April that I would be having an interview.

I just had my telephone interview last Friday but I am in a bit of an unusual situation regarding potential supervisors, as I can not have the one originally identified - so I have heard it may take longer to make a decision as they try to find a new suitable supervisor - and I may need to be interviewed again. I have already received an offer elsewhere which I will most likely take up, but want to see this application through to the end.

Good luck to all those who are waiting to hear back! :smile:
Just been told I've been recommended ... subject to AO approval checks! So pleased! How is everyone else getting on?
Good news!
My status is still "submitted".
Original post by Rosie_Taff
Just been told I've been recommended ... subject to AO approval checks! So pleased! How is everyone else getting on?
Reply 30
Hi all,

I'm in the same situation. Hoping to receive an official answer from the Admissions Office soon! Does anyone have an idea of how long this usually takes following the recommendation?

Good luck to everyone!
Original post by Rosie_Taff
Reply 31
Hi all, I've fortunately been recommended also. Absolutely thrilled. Congrats to those who have had positive news and fingers crossed to those who are yet to hear back. I hope the rest of the process runs smoothly!
Hello all, I also applied last February and noticed the following update on my MSt application:

Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days.

Congratulations to all those who have received their offers! :smile:
Reply 33
Did the news of recommendation came in through email or rang up the office to find out? I applied for MSt for another course but there's no news so far since my interview in Feb, so just very curious if I should give ICE a ring. The long, silent wait is so torturous >.<
Original post by jc0
Did the news of recommendation came in through email or rang up the office to find out? I applied for MSt for another course but there's no news so far since my interview in Feb, so just very curious if I should give ICE a ring. The long, silent wait is so torturous >.<

It comes through the applicant portal even for ICE courses doesn't it?
Reply 35
I have received an e-mail saying I've been recommended and the AO will deal with the next stage of the process. So still not in the clear yet. My status on the portal remains: "Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days."

I'm guessing once the AO (hopefully) approves the application then the status will change...
Original post by threeportdrift
It comes through the applicant portal even for ICE courses doesn't it?
Original post by LHSW90
I have received an e-mail saying I've been recommended and the AO will deal with the next stage of the process. So still not in the clear yet. My status on the portal remains: "Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days."

I'm guessing once the AO (hopefully) approves the application then the status will change...

So the change in admissions status on the Graduate portal is just a function of how efficient the departmental admissions team are being, and tbh and busy periods, it's a low priority. The priority is getting the admissions paperwork moving around.

That particular phrase "Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days" is an error no-one has corrected. Circa 18 May, when it appeared, it was a member of staff who tried to change only a specific category of students, but messed it up and changed everyone's submitted message and then went on leave. No-one else could change it, and they still haven't fixed it. I emailed the IT team and asked.

Departments are told every single year that they should not email applicants and tell them they have been made an offer, as only the GAO can make a formal offer. Every single year, some departments/supervisors/administrators ignore that requirement.

I don't think the ICE process is any different, except they have many more applicants with unconventional academic backgrounds, so comparing, contrasting and making offers is very much more complex and therefore generally slower.
Thanks for this extra info
INTERVIEW: I received a message from Joanna Wood yesterday and I've already scheduled a telephone interview with a faculty member as per her suggestion. I've checked the faculty member's profile and I've found that we both have similar research backgrounds. The email, however, acknowledges that "an interview does not guarantee you will be offered a place on the course, but it does provide an opportunity to discuss your research proposal in more detail and may also on your reasons for wishing to undertake the course." I'm excited and scared at the same time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by secretresearcher20
INTERVIEW: I received a message from Joanna Wood yesterday and I've already scheduled a telephone interview with a faculty member as per her suggestion. I've checked the faculty member's profile and I've found that we both have similar research backgrounds. The email, however, acknowledges that "an interview does not guarantee you will be offered a place on the course, but it does provide an opportunity to discuss your research proposal in more detail and may also on your reasons for wishing to undertake the course." I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Congrats, I hope it goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending