The Student Room Group

NCS good or bad

Is it worth going to Ncs, how was your experience? Also is it ok going on your own? I this would be better on a diffrent forum would the leaders of the student room mind moving this, thanks 😁
I didnt go but pretty much everyone I knew did it. Tbh it varies with people - some people loved it some people hated it. They tell you it makes your CV "stand out" but it doesnt since everyone does it so dont do it if thats the only reason youre considering it. A lot of people made loads of friends and enjoyed the social aspect of it.
I went like 2 years ago and I had such a good time it’s definitely worth going. It might be better to go with someone if that would make you feel more comfortable, but they split you up into rooms and groups anyway from the moment you start, based on which skill you choose. So there are always people who don’t know anyone else, and even if you did go with a friend you would be split up if you didn’t choose the same skill. It also teaches lots of really useful social and general skills that will help in sixth form. Only thing is it depends on the city you go to, as they are organised by different companies. I went to the one in Leeds which was really good, but I know people who went on the one in Harrogate and said it was ok but not great organisation. If you live in a uni city it will probs be fairly good.
I did NCS last year and loved it. Was in the Woking wave and went down to Exeter for phase 1 which meant we did water sports on the second day which was really fun. We also did a mud run which was surprisingly fun! Phase 2 and 3 were pretty good as well, stayed at Surrey uni for phase 2. Anyways I’d recommend it, if you want more info there are so many threads out there already about people’s experiences
Original post by bluemuffin
I did NCS last year and loved it. Was in the Woking wave and went down to Exeter for phase 1 which meant we did water sports on the second day which was really fun. We also did a mud run which was surprisingly fun! Phase 2 and 3 were pretty good as well, stayed at Surrey uni for phase 2. Anyways I’d recommend it, if you want more info there are so many threads out there already about people’s experiences

Wow another Woking dude - I am thinking of going to ncs in Woking (I live and go to school there) , But i wasn’t sure it would be worthwhile.
Original post by TheUltimateHulk
Wow another Woking dude - I am thinking of going to ncs in Woking (I live and go to school there) , But i wasn’t sure it would be worthwhile.

Haha yeah I’d recommend it if you’re interested. Can’t guarantee you’ll go to the same places/do the same stuff but I’m sure you’ll enjoy it anyways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending