The Student Room Group

Car insurance - parking away from home

I'm with MoreThan insurance - well SmartWheels specifically - with a black box fitted. I'm going to be 'living' somewhere different for a fortnight and my car will be parked there for atleast 10 out of the 14 nights. I've heard from friends that they really get on your back about parking away from home too often and could even void your insurance. What is the best way to go around this? Shall I call MoreThan and tell them that it will be parked at a different address for a while or just leave it and see what happens? Can they and will they actually consider voiding my insurance for spending 2 week without parking at home?

Thanks
Original post by Glossop24
I'm with MoreThan insurance - well SmartWheels specifically - with a black box fitted. I'm going to be 'living' somewhere different for a fortnight and my car will be parked there for atleast 10 out of the 14 nights. I've heard from friends that they really get on your back about parking away from home too often and could even void your insurance. What is the best way to go around this? Shall I call MoreThan and tell them that it will be parked at a different address for a while or just leave it and see what happens? Can they and will they actually consider voiding my insurance for spending 2 week without parking at home?

Thanks

Where will your car be parked? (Garage, driveway, private car park)

In my opinion, your car insurance aren't going to investigate you daily to see where you park your car. If something does happen (touch wood) to your car whilst you are parked at the new place, you can mention where it was parked without your insurance getting voided. It is reasonable for you to travel around or visit friends.
Original post by Glossop24

Thanks

Read your policy or ask them. You cannot afford to lose or have your insurance cancelled at this stage. It is an absolute disaster. Ask them. You should be ok, but ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending