The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

PGCE Biology Interview presentation

I have been offered an interview at Reading University. I have to be prepared to give a 5 minute presentation on a topic of interest in the current curriculum. Not allowed any materials and must provoke discussion among the others interviewing. Any advice on where to start?
Original post by CharlieGamage
I have been offered an interview at Reading University. I have to be prepared to give a 5 minute presentation on a topic of interest in the current curriculum. Not allowed any materials and must provoke discussion among the others interviewing. Any advice on where to start?

Hi,
It is fantastic to hear you have been offered an interview with us.
I have always personally found the best presentations (including lectures etc) are given on topics the individual is personally passionate about, this is because this comes through in your enthusiasm and presence in front of people (and normally if you are passionate you know your stuff - so it means creating content is easier!!)
Winding back however, there are many ways to start, a good way maybe is to look at the topics within the curriculum and see what interests you most there!
Something I've learnt through giving presentations (as a student ambassador) is that using open questions and inviting discussion (both typical and non-typical) can be powerful tools to create discussion!

I hope this helps, and best of luck with the interview!

Tom :smile:
Final Year Psychology Student and Student Ambassador
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hey, thank you for your reply it's been very helpful! Started to get an idea of what I want to do, just got to work out some questions. Thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending