The Student Room Group

A level grades

If I’m currently at B/C grades now, is it possible to get A/Bs at A level?
I’ve got around a month and a half till my first exam and just over 2 months till my last.
I’ve been revising properly for the past few weeks now and am trying to do around 6 hours of revision a day??? (is that enough?)
If I don’t get into uni I might have to kill myself ngl haha.
lots of time dont worry just relax and take each day as it is
what subjects do u do?
Reply 2
I do maths economics and English lit
I feel confident I can get an A in English and maths revision is quite straight forward but economics is my weakest one (which is in exactly a month, I’m ****ed haha)
Original post by angel.xo
lots of time dont worry just relax and take each day as it is
what subjects do u do?
Do you take CIE A levels?
If can always reach for the next higher grade. If you got B, you can get A. BUT, no way you can get A* even if you score full marks in A2. All grades will be converted to the normal grading system after considering thresholds.
(A*=90-100, A=80-89, B=70-79, C=60-69....)
If you got highest B in AS and full marks for A2. Still you cannot go 2 grades higher to A*. Highest is 89 if I round down from 89.5 = (100+79)/2 as you haven't reach 90% mark yet.
Original post by Kai9229
I do maths economics and English lit
I feel confident I can get an A in English and maths revision is quite straight forward but economics is my weakest one (which is in exactly a month, I’m ****ed haha)
Original post by Kai9229
I’ve got around a month and a half till my first exam and just over 2 months till my last.
I’ve been revising properly for the past few weeks now and am trying to do around 6 hours of revision a day??? (is that enough?)

Yes it is , it worked out for me . I did my a levels last year on health and social care , philosophy and ethics and IT . And I got (ABB). I was predicting C/B. Believe in yourself and put the effort, and then trust me you’ll get the grades you want. ☺️
It would a challenge to bump the C to a B due to A2 being significantly harder than AS. YOU COULD HAVE THE OPTION TO RESIT if you feel like you went downhill. But otherwise try your best and MALALA did well in her a level too so I think you got a shot at this too
My math teacher said last year it was tough, there were students that would 100% on one or two of their exams but not get at least 95% (or 90% cant remember) on their others, so would get an A instead of an A star and then there was kids that would get 95% (or 90% cant remember) on all their exams and get A*.

I just wish they gave us more resources and wouldn't get every other question wrong in the textbooks
Original post by OneInABillion4
If can always reach for the next higher grade. If you got B, you can get A. BUT, no way you can get A* even if you score full marks in A2. All grades will be converted to the normal grading system after considering thresholds.
If you got highest B in AS and full marks for A2. Still you cannot go 2 grades higher to A*. Highest is 89 if I round down from 89.5 = (100+79)/2 as you haven't reach 90% mark yet.
Did you take Pure Math Oct/Nov last year? Man... my P6 exam was 45/50 for A. I got 42/50 because I became dumb for a moment and wrote Variance formula wrongly which made me miss the 3 mark question. Candidates must be crazy. Physics candidates were also very strong for my paper. I did well for all the MCQ almost full marks for all as it was the hardest and I trained hard for it. On the other hand, my theory papers and Prac papers became ****. My Physics I got 78% which is B. I got D for P3, the paper which I was most confident in
Original post by HanimalGurl
My math teacher said last year it was tough, there were students that would 100% on one or two of their exams but not get at least 95% (or 90% cant remember) on their others, so would get an A instead of an A star and then there was kids that would get 95% (or 90% cant remember) on all their exams and get A*.

I just wish they gave us more resources and wouldn't get every other question wrong in the textbooks
Reply 9
We don’t do AS levels anymore so the A levels I do in May/June will be the first exams I’ve sat.

I'm doing the new a level spec and my teacher was trying to work out the percentages based on the previous year exams and how hard it has always been. She kept saying it wont be as easy as the AS exam we did last year (that was on the new spec, which for some reason they lowered the grade boundaries for).
Did you take Pure Math Oct/Nov last year? Man... my P6 exam was 45/50 for A. I got 42/50 because I became dumb for a moment and wrote Variance formula wrongly which made me miss the 3 mark question. Candidates must be crazy. Physics candidates were also very strong for my paper. I did well for all the MCQ almost full marks for all as it was the hardest and I trained hard for it. On the other hand, my theory papers and Prac papers became ****. My Physics I got 78% which is B. I got D for P3, the paper which I was most confident in
Reply 11
Do not kill yourself.
Original post by Kai9229
Reply 12
I don’t do the old a level so we do all our exams at the end of year 13.
If can always reach for the next higher grade. If you got B, you can get A. BUT, no way you can get A* even if you score full marks in A2. All

You are talking about modular A levels - the OP is not - maybe delete your post?

Quick Reply

Latest