The Student Room Group

can someone explain what a trial shift is please?

I have a trial inteview at a cafe tomorrow and I dont know what i'm preparing for they didnt really give much detail over the phone. I've never been to one of these before and I have no previous cafe experience, what should I expect?
It will basically mean they are testing you in the work environment. You will be interacting with customers, helping fulfil orders, etc. To see how you work there :smile:
Reply 2
ohh okayy thanks :}}}}
Original post by barror1
It will basically mean they are testing you in the work environment. You will be interacting with customers, helping fulfil orders, etc. To see how you work there :smile:
Original post by MkXx
ohh okayy thanks :}}}}

Make sure they explain everything before you start :smile:
Original post by MkXx
I have a trial inteview at a cafe tomorrow and I dont know what i'm preparing for they didnt really give much detail over the phone. I've never been to one of these before and I have no previous cafe experience, what should I expect?

How did it go?
Just be careful about 'trial shifts' - some sh*tty employers use this as free labour. They get 10 people to do trial shifts, dont pay any of you and have their work done for free for a week. BE CAREFUL!
Original post by barror1

Pretty much this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending