The Student Room Group

Turned 19 nearly a month ago AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FutureMissMRCS
What would you say a 'militant vegan is'-Im not a big fan of the term personally.

feel the word is used to freely and inaccurately.
How are you feeling about turning 20 next year? :smile:
Original post by batter mix
Same. I am not fond of any stupid tags that generalise the whole lot.
Hmm. I am not sure though. One of them told me to fxck myself since I didn't agree that all humans are "hypocrites". The other told me that if I were raped by a non-vegan, he should be punished equally for eating meat and raping me. Those sorts, you get my drift? The ones who go around hating all of human kind and blaming them and other vegans for trying not to "convert" others.

Spoiler

Well I wouldn't call them 'militant vegans'-I would just call them people with an anger issue :tongue:
Original post by Professional G
At least you can contact ligma, I heard he has good connections with sugma

Oh you mean ligma balls and his twin brother sugma balls? Canny set of lads, they got me through some tough times.
Original post by sherlockfan
How are you feeling about turning 20 next year? :smile:

Well apart from the fact, It would be weird to be called a boy, I’m looking forward to it. New opportunities , freedom and independence and so much more :smile:
Original post by Obolinda
feel the word is used to freely and inaccurately.

Me too.Feel like the media uses that word to vilify vegans.
do u miss being a teenager?
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Oh you mean ligma balls and his twin brother sugma balls? Canny set of lads, they got me through some tough times.

The balls bros. Yeah, those two are well rounded guys.
Unless I suddenly end up in a coma and 50 years go by, I still won’t mind lol

Rather be young forever :tongue: Can't imagine being in poor health and being dumped in a care home-the food smells horrific.
Original post by Ailurophile03
do u miss being a teenager?

Yeah, having not to worry about responsibility and be able to faff around all day. Can’t be an teenager all my life but I miss those times
Rather be young forever :tongue: Can't imagine being in poor health and being dumped in a care home-the food smells horrific.

You’re way too young to be thinking about that. You still have your whole life ahead of you. Plus care homes in the future would be much better places.
u just made me realize how golden my time is lol:biggrin:
Yeah, having not to worry about responsibility and be able to faff around all day. Can’t be an teenager all my life but I miss those times
Original post by Ailurophile03
u just made me realize how golden my time is lol:biggrin:

Go enjoy your time as a teen and live your teenage years to the fullest. Remember to have fun and stay safe :smile:
The balls bros. Yeah, those two are well rounded guys.

Very hairy though wouldn't you say?
Well I wouldn't call them 'militant vegans'-I would just call them people with an anger issue :tongue:

lmao yeah. They still sully the whole cause imo
Me too.Feel like the media uses that word to vilify vegans.

:yep:
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Very hairy though wouldn't you say?

They definitely need a shave just about everywhere.
What would you say a 'militant vegan is'-Im not a big fan of the term personally.

Militant vegans are the unpleasant few within the vegan community.
Those that are aggressive towards other people, abusive or indulge in any threatening behaviour and criminal activity in support of their aims/beliefs.
Vegans that are civil but very zealous when it comes to converting meat eaters or vegetarians and don't stop the conversion attempts even after they are asked to- they are vegan zealots not militants.

Every group has its bad apples- religions, political parties, abortion activists, anti-vaxxers, the anti-fur movement.
But the militants are always very bad apples- unpleasant fanatics, criminal and usually loud attention seekers.
I have many friends that are vegans; some for religious reasons, others for animal rights related reasons, many interested in ecology.
All of them are appalled by the antics of the militants.
The messaging :wink:

My family and friends - well lately it’s been some of my friends

Ideal first date?? Probably would involve a lot of flirting and chemistry, maybe watch a film or even spend the whole day chatting.
And it might even end up a kiss (or more)

Very interesting :wink:
They definitely need a shave just about everywhere.

Or at least a trim, boys be looking like a carpet
Original post by byeongkwans
Very interesting :wink:

What can I say, i enjoy being interested :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest