The Student Room Group

Special Consideration for A Levels

For the first year, my teacher literally missed a total of 20 -23 lessons in Media Studies, we were barely taught anything. In the second year we got a new teacher, who spent the first 3 months telling us not to come to class and to do coursework tho we weren't even told what to do etc. He basically told us what to do, a two weeks before we had to submit. We are a class of 11 and our college won't let us apply for special consideration. What shall we do?
Original post by curlylocks01
For the first year, my teacher literally missed a total of 20 -23 lessons in Media Studies, we were barely taught anything. In the second year we got a new teacher, who spent the first 3 months telling us not to come to class and to do coursework tho we weren't even told what to do etc. He basically told us what to do, a two weeks before we had to submit. We are a class of 11 and our college won't let us apply for special consideration. What shall we do?

It sucks but there is Nothing you can do except try your best.
The rules are clear about this kind of situation.
Failure of your college to prepare you properly for exams is not the fault of the examiner and is not grounds for special consideration.
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you! Yes, it's really bad but I guess I can only try my best.
Original post by gdunne42
It sucks but there is Nothing you can do except try your best.
The rules are clear about this kind of situation.
Failure of your college to prepare you properly for exams is not the fault of the examiner and is not grounds for special consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending