The Student Room Group

Does she like me?

Note- this girl has been with her boyfriend for 5 years since she was 16.

This girl who I work with in a professional working place has been an a standard friend for 2-3 years.

Now in the last 4-5 months (this time period is important) we have become super close. Like the chemistry between us has changed and it seems like we are around eachother ALOT more. Playful touching, footsie, lots of texting and looooong eye contact accompanied with a smile many times during the day it just seems like the building blocks to a new found strong relationship.

Now this girl 4-5 months ago got my number from someone and text me at the time we were barley friends. Then a Christmas late a night she text me, then days later New Years into the early hours she text me again. I didn’t think anything of it and just replied in my own time normally.

Now fast forward to recent weeks when we had 2 weeks of not seeing eachother was the 1st time I felt it... the pain in my stomach that sick feeling of not seeing her and then I knew how I felt. And it hurt....

I wanted to see her... we met up days later and we talked and talked. I could see something was wrong and when I asked she was getting emotional and told me she is still with her boyfriend but that she was REALLY unhappy with specifically in the last 4-5 months! The time we have been getting closer. I took this opportunity to tell her about my feelings and how I felt about her. She told me it was never her intention to make me feel that way and we were good friends and she didn’t want that to change.

So days after pouring my heart on line we text and agreed when we see eachother again it wouldn’t be awkward and we still carry on as normal.

We’ve seen eachother and yes everything is still EXACTLY the same the eye contact, playful touching, the smiles, the texting, that feeling in the air.

And still there is something she is hiding as she’s leading me on with her emotions as there’s clearly something she wants to share and is willing with time and she said the only other person she has told is her Mum. It must be big and she clearly feels comfortable to talk to me about her sadness but not why she’s feeling it.

I’m so torn I really, really like this girl but I’m unsure on her intentions. People close to us think she has developed feelings for me and along with her unhappiness in her relationship she isn’t sure what to do...

Anyone’s input would be much appreciated!
idk , it seems like she likes you. Although , i could be wrong. Don't let her string you along though.

Try to talk to other girls and go on dates and enjoy your life etc. If this bothers her then she definitely likes you , i think. She has a boyfriend ,so therefore , you are not doing anything wrong. Also , you have told her that you like her so the ball is kinda in her court. But you are still friends, that's the main point.

If you date other girls and she gets jealous, then you can ask her why? OR, she will initiate the conversation with you, if she wants a relationship with you,she will say it or you will now be in a situation to discuss it together ( kinda harsh on the other guy though). I think your current situation is that she has options, her boyfriend and you . You only have her, you like her very much.

If you manage to date other girls that you like, YOU have options. If she maintains the status quo , then fair enough. But now , you won't feel as bad because your attention is focused on someone who you like and who likes you back , rather than someone who MAY OR MAY NOT like you in that way , for sure. The only problem is , if you date other girls, then she may stop being as flirty as she is. Anyway , i think that you will probably in a better position this way.

Good luck:gthumb:
Reply 2
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I’ve never been the type to have options or pursue them.

I’ve been driven and committed to my career.

But this girl has opened a whole new world of feelings that I’m struggling to deal with atm as yes she has a boyfriend but only two weeks ago I told her I liked her and yet she still is flirtatious and happy around me.

It should be that’s got her boyfriend and I now need to simmer down my relationship with me as I’ve stated for me it’s more than a friendship.

And the day is still coming where she’s going to share something about her relationship with her BF and again that shouldn’t concern me but I think she wants it to....🤷*♂️
Original post by tjblonks
idk , it seems like she likes you. Although , i could be wrong. Don't let her string you along though.

Try to talk to other girls and go on dates and enjoy your life etc. If this bothers her then she definitely likes you , i think. She has a boyfriend ,so therefore , you are not doing anything wrong. Also , you have told her that you like her so the ball is kinda in her court. But you are still friends, that's the main point.

If you date other girls and she gets jealous, then you can ask her why? OR, she will initiate the conversation with you, if she wants a relationship with you,she will say it or you will now be in a situation to discuss it together ( kinda harsh on the other guy though). I think your current situation is that she has options, her boyfriend and you . You only have her, you like her very much.

If you manage to date other girls that you like, YOU have options. If she maintains the status quo , then fair enough. But now , you won't feel as bad because your attention is focused on someone who you like and who likes you back , rather than someone who MAY OR MAY NOT like you in that way , for sure. The only problem is , if you date other girls, then she may stop being as flirty as she is. Anyway , i think that you will probably in a better position this way.

Good luck:gthumb:
She only wants to be friends. She's told you this directly. It's time to stop trying unless she breaks up with her boyfriend.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey , no problem. It's good that you are focusing on your career , it's going to pay off. yeah, I'd still say , you need to get out there and try your best with other girls. You could be waiting for a long time for this girl who has told you she wants to be friends and has a boyfriend:dontknow: and they have history. It's a risk , but one you will have to decide on yourself whether it's worth it . Life is too short man

Original post by Arron2134
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I’ve never been the type to have options or pursue them.

I’ve been driven and committed to my career.

But this girl has opened a whole new world of feelings that I’m struggling to deal with atm as yes she has a boyfriend but only two weeks ago I told her I liked her and yet she still is flirtatious and happy around me.

It should be that’s got her boyfriend and I now need to simmer down my relationship with me as I’ve stated for me it’s more than a friendship.

And the day is still coming where she’s going to share something about her relationship with her BF and again that shouldn’t concern me but I think she wants it to....🤷*♂️
Reply 5
Thing is I’m not trying. She’s making it perfectly clear how she wants to act around me after she told me she wanted to be friends but still insisting on the very close relationship we built before I said how I felt.

She’s the one then who may need to stop trying to be around me so much if she’s with her boyfriend.
Original post by sinfonietta
She only wants to be friends. She's told you this directly. It's time to stop trying unless she breaks up with her boyfriend.
Hey mate , any improvement with the girl?

I think she might not stop if you allow it to keep happening:dontknow:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending