The Student Room Group

Going to ex boyfriends party?

Hey! I’m 17 and I broke up with my ex boyfriend 10 months ago, we dated for almost two years. He was my first boyfriend. I’m now in a new relationship but I’m still in contact with my ex on a friend type basis, he’s in a relationship and we are both over each other.My ex has his 19th birthday party coming up and he asked if I could come but I’m not sure if this is all that appropriate?
Would like to go as I’m on good friendly terms with him but wondering if this is strange?
Reply 1
No it isn't strange I don't think. If he asked you he obviously thinks it's appropriate so you should go.
You should bring your current bf with you
Are any of your other friends going or could you invite your boyfriend along? It might be a little strange to show up alone.
Reply 4
If your boyfriend and his girlfriend are there, I don't think it's strange
Reply 5
Original post by Freyasmithyyyy88
Hey! I’m 17 and I broke up with my ex boyfriend 10 months ago, we dated for almost two years. He was my first boyfriend. I’m now in a new relationship but I’m still in contact with my ex on a friend type basis, he’s in a relationship and we are both over each other.My ex has his 19th birthday party coming up and he asked if I could come but I’m not sure if this is all that appropriate?
Would like to go as I’m on good friendly terms with him but wondering if this is strange?

Not strange- but don't get drawn in emotionally

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending