The Student Room Group

Just a life question

I can’t talk to any girl. Specially when they are into my friends. I got nothing that a girl would like about me. On the other hand, all my mates are better looking, got money, cars and qualifications for relationship. I can’t find any point of trying anymore when I only get rejected. I can’t say a word to any girl and it started to affect me now that I can’t talk to anyone. I’m living aimlessly.
Original post by Anonymous
I can’t talk to any girl. Specially when they are into my friends. I got nothing that a girl would like about me. On the other hand, all my mates are better looking, got money, cars and qualifications for relationship. I can’t find any point of trying anymore when I only get rejected. I can’t say a word to any girl and it started to affect me now that I can’t talk to anyone. I’m living aimlessly.

Feeling a bit sorry for yourself won't help you. Start making some changes in your life. What job do you do now and what would you like to do? What do you need to do to get there?

Also, what qualifications are needed for a relationship?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Feeling a bit sorry for yourself won't help you. Start making some changes in your life. What job do you do now and what would you like to do? What do you need to do to get there?

Also, what qualifications are needed for a relationship?

I’m a student. Not studying the study what I want. I dislike what I’m currently studying. Ps I won’t make it till the end till I graduate, besides I won’t be good at this field since I don’t like it and it requires social skills which I lack. Also requires working skills which I also lack. It’s all f up. Can’t find any point to try and change anythingg because it isn’t that easy in my position.
About qualifications, I meant if you’re a girl, would you accept such a f*** up who got nothing? No money? No car? No job? No social skills? No appearance? No personality? No form? Nothing?
I’m a student. Not studying the study what I want. I dislike what I’m currently studying. Ps I won’t make it till the end till I graduate, besides I won’t be good at this field since I don’t like it and it requires social skills which I lack. Also requires working skills which I also lack. It’s all f up. Can’t find any point to try and change anythingg because it isn’t that easy in my position.
About qualifications, I meant if you’re a girl, would you accept such a f*** up who got nothing? No money? No car? No job? No social skills? No appearance? No personality? No form? Nothing?

So it's time to make some changes. What do you want to study? How do you get onto that pathway to do the job you want?

How do you think you could gain the skills you need? How do you think you can make the improvements you want? You wont get anywhere with this self loathing "pity me" kind of attitude. You've got the potential to turn things around, but you have to want to. If you just sit back feeling sorry for yourself saying "look at all the things I don't have" then you'll never get any. Take small steps and you'll achieve it in the end. Nobody here can help you if you don't want to help yourself.
Reply 4
So it's time to make some changes. What do you want to study? How do you get onto that pathway to do the job you want?

How do you think you could gain the skills you need? How do you think you can make the improvements you want? You wont get anywhere with this self loathing "pity me" kind of attitude. You've got the potential to turn things around, but you have to want to. If you just sit back feeling sorry for yourself saying "look at all the things I don't have" then you'll never get any. Take small steps and you'll achieve it in the end. Nobody here can help you if you don't want to help yourself.

Well, I can’t change my study because my family won’t allow me. I don’t think I can be good for any job. Ik self-hatred won’f change a thing, but I’m lost rn and idk what to do. All I got in my head is to just go with the flow.
Well, I can’t change my study because my family won’t allow me. I don’t think I can be good for any job. Ik self-hatred won’f change a thing, but I’m lost rn and idk what to do. All I got in my head is to just go with the flow.

Are you over 18? If so you can do what you want. You need to just take one step at a time. Don't try to change everything at once because you'll get overwhelmed.
Reply 6
Are you over 18? If so you can do what you want. You need to just take one step at a time. Don't try to change everything at once because you'll get overwhelmed.

I guess if my family didn’t help me, I’d not be able to even survive or make it through till I graduate. Besides, I’m overwhelmed with everything. Kinda lost and Idk what’s happening.

You're already doing better than your friends are. Girls don't want cars or stability - girls want struggling, emo, artsy types! Sensitivity is admirable, your life is not aimless! You are self aware and you have flaws (like a real ****ing person)! I had a close friend who went through what you're going through - he said he couldn't trust anyone around him and he couldn't talk to anyone about it. Sometimes you just have to open up to trust - people will always be there to listen and sympathise but you sometimes have to make the first move. Your life is not aimless and you deserve to be happy.
I guess if my family didn’t help me, I’d not be able to even survive or make it through till I graduate. Besides, I’m overwhelmed with everything. Kinda lost and Idk what’s happening.

Speak to a support officer or counsellor at your university, your personal tutor even. They'll be able to help get all your ducks in a row because they know you personally. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
Reply 9
You're already doing better than your friends are. Girls don't want cars or stability - girls want struggling, emo, artsy types! Sensitivity is admirable, your life is not aimless! You are self aware and you have flaws (like a real ****ing person)! I had a close friend who went through what you're going through - he said he couldn't trust anyone around him and he couldn't talk to anyone about it. Sometimes you just have to open up to trust - people will always be there to listen and sympathise but you sometimes have to make the first move. Your life is not aimless and you deserve to be happy.

I have trusted a girl and we were close, once she got to know about me more, she cut me off and she didn’t keep some of my stuffs. Same for one of my colleagues. I thought we could be close and I tried to open up because I was feeling so low and desperately wanted someone to talk to me. But he didn’t care and he didn’t even call unless he wanted something. He also told his mate about my stuffs and his gf as well. Guess this is how almost half of the colleagues know about me. None to be trusted.
Speak to a support officer or counsellor at your university, your personal tutor even. They'll be able to help get all your ducks in a row because they know you personally. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

They don’t know me personally. I don’t even talk to any of them. Fr I definitely meant it when I said I couldn’t talk to anyone
They don’t know me personally. I don’t even talk to any of them. Fr I definitely meant it when I said I couldn’t talk to anyone

They do know you personally. I mean that in the sense of we only know you here as words in a screen. They know you as a physical human being who you can speak to face to face. We really can't do anything here except tell you what you need to do in your life to get to where you want, and that does mean talking to them. That's why the support people are there. You don't have to divulge everything - you can talk to them specifically about your course and career options and nothing else if you just want to do that. But you won't want to talk about private personal things online for your own safety, so it's best to do it in person with people who are paid to be there for you. It'll be worth it.
They do know you personally. I mean that in the sense of we only know you here as words in a screen. They know you as a physical human being who you can speak to face to face. We really can't do anything here except tell you what you need to do in your life to get to where you want, and that does mean talking to them. That's why the support people are there. You don't have to divulge everything - you can talk to them specifically about your course and career options and nothing else if you just want to do that. But you won't want to talk about private personal things online for your own safety, so it's best to do it in person with people who are paid to be there for you. It'll be worth it.

I wish you knew it wasn’t that simple. I don’t even have the ability to talk to my fam. Do you still think I can with strangers? On the other hand, talking online is kinda different. I still wouldn’t dare to say any of what I’m writing irl. Specially after what I’ve had with these ppl I’ve talked to before or the girls who have done me wrong.
I appreciate your trial to help. But it’s more complicated than you could actually think
I wish you knew it wasn’t that simple. I don’t even have the ability to talk to my fam. Do you still think I can with strangers? On the other hand, talking online is kinda different. I still wouldn’t dare to say any of what I’m writing irl. Specially after what I’ve had with these ppl I’ve talked to before or the girls who have done me wrong.
I appreciate your trial to help. But it’s more complicated than you could actually think

Okay, I'm out of ideas. I thought you wanted help by posting on a public forum but we are going round in circles, so good luck to you. I hope you sort it out soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending