The Student Room Group

jealousy

Do you ever get jealous when your long term bf is checking out other girls?
How do you handle it?
Do you take it out on the world or on him?
Would you split up over this? 😐
Original post by Rior
Do you ever get jealous when your long term bf is checking out other girls?
How do you handle it?
Do you take it out on the world or on him?
Would you split up over this? 😐

Everyone in relationships checks out other people, they'd be lying if they said they didn't. As long as he don't cheat, it's fine. You could check out other guys in front of your boyfriend to see if he'd get jealous too.
Reply 2
Everyone still finds other people attractive from time to time despite being in a relationship. As long as they don't act on it or completely take the piss with their behaviour I would view it as normal. If they are going too far of course it can be a dumpable offence. However from what I've felt and seen, jealousy is a very destructive emotion and the best way bizarrely to hold on to your partner is to be totally self assured.
Reply 3
Not really the type to check out others, when I'm with someone, but I did get followed and he hated it took it out on me.
I think the looking thing, is very disrespectful to your partner and puts you in an awkward embarrassing situation when out together
Original post by Anonymous
Everyone in relationships checks out other people, they'd be lying if they said they didn't. As long as he don't cheat, it's fine. You could check out other guys in front of your boyfriend to see if he'd get jealous too.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
Everyone still finds other people attractive from time to time despite being in a relationship. As long as they don't act on it or completely take the piss with their behaviour I would view it as normal. If they are going too far of course it can be a dumpable offence. However from what I've felt and seen, jealousy is a very destructive emotion and the best way bizarrely to hold on to your partner is to be totally self assured.

True but what's too far? To me ogling other girls and pretending to your partner, not to is just damn right disrespectful.
I agree though on the whole jealousy thing, but I think some people enjoy pressing their loves buttons.
I also think some women seem to enjoy the attention too. Especially when they know another woman is involved, it's kind of cruel.
Reply 5
It's not wrong for you to be jealous but it's not wrong to look either. At the end of the day he's with you because he wants you, body and mind... And if he didn't he would move on. But he hasn't, so don't worry. So take it out on the world? Because its most likely something innocent and unless it becomes more serious like messaging other girls you have nothing to worry about. Just think of all the worser situations this could be
Reply 6
He shouldnt look at all. He is a c*nt if he does, especially in front of you.
Reply 7
Original post by jayelcee
It's not wrong for you to be jealous but it's not wrong to look either. At the end of the day he's with you because he wants you, body and mind... And if he didn't he would move on. But he hasn't, so don't worry. So take it out on the world? Because its most likely something innocent and unless it becomes more serious like messaging other girls you have nothing to worry about. Just think of all the worser situations this could be

I can't think of anything worser than having to compete every time we go out, for his full attention, but yer you make some good points.. I guess it's just harder when your good looking as your expectations are usually higher, for yourself and your other half.
Jealousy of others is hard though as it's all about what you being to the table in the 21 st century 😐
Reply 8
Original post by Lopoipo
He shouldnt look at all. He is a c*nt if he does, especially in front of you.

Lol ..usually women think like that , boys seem more ok with it in my opinion
Reply 9
Original post by Rior
Lol ..usually women think like that , boys seem more ok with it in my opinion

I am a boy :/
Reply 10
Original post by Lopoipo
I am a boy :/

Well you are very understanding then.
I agree with you it's wrong to do to someone you say you love or care for.
In their company, it's just wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending