The Student Room Group

How can I get the lightest case on my punishment at university?

I was accused of harassment but was suffering from PTSD. I am making the case that I harassed those people because I was suffering from the extreme trauma that they inflicted upon me. I was diagnosed with PTSD before coming to university and am now seeking counselling and other support.
Original post by applebottom12345
I was accused of harassment but was suffering from PTSD. I am making the case that I harassed those people because I was suffering from the extreme trauma that they inflicted upon me. I was diagnosed with PTSD before coming to university and am now seeking counselling and other support.

You've already been given answers on the other threads you've made about this. You can't use PTSD as an excuse unless you have proof that it causes you to make poor choices. Even then, harassing someone who harassed you is not good enough justification for your actions. At this point, you just need to await the outcomes of any meetings regarding this.

Feel free to bump your original thread, but please don't keep making repeated threads on the same question/issue.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You've already been given answers on the other threads you've made about this. You can't use PTSD as an excuse unless you have proof that it causes you to make poor choices. Even then, harassing someone who harassed you is not good enough justification for your actions. At this point, you just need to await the outcomes of any meetings regarding this.

Feel free to bump your original thread, but please don't keep making repeated threads on the same question/issue.

So what is a good justification of my actions?

Doesn't sound like you have any. The fact you are asking this says a lot.

You can't, because there is no justification for your actions.

You should be honest about your reasons - saying you have PTSD means nothing. "I wanted to get back at them" or something along those lines may be a more honest reason.

Please stop spamming the forum with the same thing over, and over again.

You do not sound remorseful for your actions whatsoever.

You should seek assistance from your student's union ASAP, give them evidence of your condition(s) and they will advise what to do next.

I suggest you refrain from posting anymore specific details about your case as you may inadvertenly identify yourself online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending