The Student Room Group

Do women find "average" men sexually attractive?

Men seem to find a broad range of women attractive. Some like svelte models, some like curvy, some like chubby.

In contrast, almost all women like tall, broad, strong jawline.

For men there is no perfect definition of femininity. For women there clearly is a very precise definition of masculinity.

Is it actually possible for a man who isn't hypermasculine, to trigger primal, visceral attraction from the opposite sex?

Scroll to see replies

First of all, never, never ever say 'primal visceral attraction' again. Secondly funny nerd works just as well as good-looking meat head. Pick your fighter.
Original post by Anonymous
Men seem to find a broad range of women attractive. Some like svelte models, some like curvy, some like chubby.

In contrast, almost all women like tall, broad, strong jawline.

no, men have types, their types are different

women have types, their types are not all tall dark and handsome because if that were true, most of the female population would be without a significant other

average women find average men sexually attractive
Reply 3
First of all, never, never ever say 'primal visceral attraction' again. Secondly funny nerd works just as well as good-looking meat head. Pick your fighter.

By nerd do you mean a cute guy who wears glasses?
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
no, men have types, their types are different

women have types, their types are not all tall dark and handsome because if that were true, most of the female population would be without a significant other

average women find average men sexually attractive

Things were very different for our parents' generation. There was much more social pressure to be monogamous.

There isn't that pressure anymore and now 80% of women are choosing 20% of guys for sex. Apps like tinder have facilitated this.

Most women under 18-30 are without a significant other. They will not settle for average men for relationships.
preferably yes.
By nerd do you mean a cute guy who wears glasses?
Reply 6
I'm Cousin Itt with a beer gut and I've never had any problems. Not all women like the same stuff, cone on now.
Everything you've said is just a huge generalisation.
Attractiveness is subjective, what's attractive to one person will be repulsive to another. No matter if they're male or female. So yes, a woman could find an "average" person attractive.
absolutely, i'm female and if anything i'm turned off by the hyper masculine males lol. I really can't see the appeal in climbing wall looking abs and sharp jaws, not my thing. I feel more of a connection with softer looking guys for sure. So yes, not all girls share that taste but I have to admit quite a lot do.
Reply 9
Original post by MidgetFever
Everything you've said is just a huge generalisation.
Attractiveness is subjective, what's attractive to one person will be repulsive to another. No matter if they're male or female. So yes, a woman could find an "average" person attractive.

That's not true. Attraction is obviously partially subjective but attractiveness isn't.
There isn't that pressure anymore and now 80% of women are choosing 20% of guys for sex.

i've heard that fake stat before...

if you're having a problem getting girls it's because you're chasing the wrong ones, or not at all
Original post by HoldThisL
i've heard that fake stat before...

if you're having a problem getting girls it's because you're chasing the wrong ones, or not at all

Are you getting girls?
i know lots of my friends like less masculine, 'cute' type of guys - possibly skinny and don't have to be tall

i'm the opposite, but i still wouldn't consider myself to go exclusively for the "above the average" type - masculinity is mostly about being confident and having a dominant personality, not just looks
FIGHT
Are you getting girls?
That's not true. Attraction is obviously partially subjective but attractiveness isn't.

How so?
What you and I class as "attractiveness" of one person will obviously differ.
Reply 15
They won't find you as sexually attractive as hotter guys but since you're average you can make up for what you don't have in appearance in charisma so you'll be fine.
Original post by MidgetFever
How so?
What you and I class as "attractiveness" of one person will obviously differ.

Then why does the modelling industry exist? Why are most people who appear in films objectively good looking?

If attractiveness was subjective this wouldn't be the case.
i think this is a bit of an exaggeration but i do understand where you are coming from, i think that for me personally I am more attracted to dominant boys in general and that can win me over because i dont really have a type, all the boys ive ever been with have varied in size, race etc but the one thing thats constant is that they are dominant
Original post by Zasty
They won't find you as sexually attractive as hotter guys but since you're average you can make up for what you don't have in appearance in charisma so you'll be fine.

You cannot create attraction. We assess faces and make these subconscious decisions within about 5 seconds of meeting someone.
Original post by lulu9121
i think this is a bit of an exaggeration but i do understand where you are coming from, i think that for me personally I am more attracted to dominant boys in general and that can win me over because i dont really have a type, all the boys ive ever been with have varied in size, race etc but the one thing thats constant is that they are dominant

What do you mean by dominant? Sexually?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending