The Student Room Group

I was waiting for a friend on a double yellow line and got fined

I was in my car and when I saw the police coming towards me I tried to drive away. Can they really do that to me. I thought you were allowed to load and unload on double yellow.
Hey there. You’re allowed to park on double yellow lines for up to 3 hours as long as you are at least 15 metres after from a junction/another road or driveway. Despite this, if there is specific times you can be there on a sign or you need a ticket to park there then police can fine you.
Reply 3
Original post by Hannah1903
You’re allowed to park on double yellow lines for up to 3 hours

Uh.. what? No you're not.
Hahahahaha
Original post by IWMTom
Uh.. what? No you're not.

Whoops, that’s single for 30 mins🤦🏼*♀️
“Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs.”

The best part of this was definitely the driving away from the police though.
Reply 7
Original post by Hannah1903
Whoops, that’s single for 30 mins🤦🏼*♀️

You were a bit far out there :laugh:
Here's me thinking double yellow lines meant it was double-ok to park there. :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by skrt345
Seen tom acting like a ****** on a different thread to someone who had a genuine query so **** you tom

Original post by skrt345
Hi tom you massive bell*** suck your mother

Original post by skrt345
looking like some any battyman on your pp getting loud to other man on here like youre some badman make sure i dont catch you ever cah the way youre moving is a bit booky still

Yes, because those were words.

@RoyalSheepy @Reality Check
Reply 10
Original post by skrt345
big man if i were you i wouldnt be getting loud like that when youre sipping starbucks looking like some 2008 album cover in your profile picture

Bless you hun.
Ern yes, they can do that to you, seeing as it's against the law.
Pay the fine and move on with your life. Oh, and don't drive away from the police again, because that's really not very clever at all.
Original post by IWMTom
Bless you hun.

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 12.35.19.png

Quelle surprise...
Original post by skrt345
Seen tom acting like a ****** on a different thread to someone who had a genuine query so **** you tom

That is the most innocuous comment you could have been triggered by and the fact that you created a new account to post multiple responses is *chef’s kiss*.

Just. Mute. People. You. Dislike. The. Manner. Of.
Reply 14
Original post by Reality Check
Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 12.35.19.png

Quelle surprise...

[video="youtube;ng8AHEpNDyU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8AHEpNDyU[/video]
I hope I'm not the only one who saw the title and heard it as a lyric to My Milkshake Brings All The Boys to the Yard
Next time , wait for the police to approach you and they’ll moretime just ask you to move. These were pricks who you dealt with on that day, normally they just tell you to move.
Original post by o2._omar
Next time , wait for the police to approach you and they’ll moretime just ask you to move. These were pricks who you dealt with on that day, normally they just tell you to move.

They were right. The rules on double yellow lines are clear. Just don’t ****ing park there.
Oooh , you’re a bad man you
Original post by Andrew97
They were right. The rules on double yellow lines are clear. Just don’t ****ing park there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending