The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

9 confirmed
Original post by jeriu
i got -0.2mm in the magnification question and said that the carbohydrase is made in the ass, the nucleas makes co2 right ???, am i wright

btw that test was so easy, i think i only lost like 2 marks on stupid mistakes
Original post by snepspell
i got 400x magnification,
91 (malaria question)
1.85 (im scared i was too precise with this)
and everyone keeps saying they got 10.4 or 10 for rate, i got 9.2 or something. i definitely did something wrong, but was i wrong in working out the gradient for rate?

I got 10 because it asked for 2 s.f so I rounded the 10.4 that I got to 10
for the leaking valves one? i wrote about how oxygenated blood mixes with deoxygenated blood so that means less O2 for the muscles so less energy released from aerobic respiration which makes exercise more difficult
Original post by Abbasali123
Could the condition have been soemthing else like faulty blood cells

Original post by karmunlau
bacterial cells dont have a nucleus, its one of the main differences like the strand of DNA doesnt count in any way as a nucleus?

Original post by Claydo66
The one about exercise did anyone else write about anaerobic respiration and lactic acid?
Original post by TheCapstan
its do with osmosis, nothing to do with energy

What?? How?
monoclonal antibodies carry drugs into the body that destroy the cancer cells. Also they block receptors on cancer cells to stop them from dividing
you know for the magnification one, how is everyone getting the distance between x and y to be 2.4 when I measured it like twice and got 2.9
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Aimee.xo
Was the line of best fit meant to be straight or curved?

I think it was meant to be straight but I couldn't fit it ?? so I ended up doing a curve
Original post by SIH03
what you guys get for the
"carbohydrases are made in pancreas- where else is carbohydrase made"?

Mouth+small intestine
in science it can be a curve, i did a curve anyway ://
Original post by libbymaekay
I think it was meant to be straight but I couldn't fit it ?? so I ended up doing a curve
it's curved
Original post by libbymaekay
Going on what you said you lost around 7 marks so i wouldnt say your doomed a 9 is probably going to be around 75 this year so unless you really think you ****ed it you should be fine mate
Original post by BooperDooper1202
I walked out of the exam feeling pretty confident but know I've realized that I'm doomed. Put x40 for the magnification question. 10.4 for the rate question without rounding it. Nothing about stem cells or paralysis for the regenerative cells. I didn't put anything about stem cells attaching to toxins or whatever with cancer cells. I want to take biology at a-levels but now idk if I'll get that grade 6 I need. I'm gonna go off into a corner and cry now.
what did u put for the condition which can be treated from regenerative cells
Original post by L.polly
for the leaking valves one? i wrote about how oxygenated blood mixes with deoxygenated blood so that means less O2 for the muscles so less energy released from aerobic respiration which makes exercise more difficult
yayyy i wrote thatt
Original post by ZippyDoodah
Less enzymes produced,
So less food digested,
so less proteins and glucose absorbed into blood,
so less glucose for energy, and less protein for growth and repair.
Reply 813
Original post by UnknownZedd
9 confirmed

well thank u, i feel so confident right now, but don't jinx it now :redface:, also was do u think of axletol q
Original post by Char2109
some of my maths ones were 400 for the microscope one, 3.3, 91 and 10.4

Meant to be 10 becuz 2.s.f
it's 2.4 not 3.4
Original post by THEINDIANBATMAN
you know for the magnification one, how is everyone getting the distance between x and y to be 3.4 when I measured it like twice and got 3.9
Original post by L.polly

I put how the rate of blood flow would be reduced which now I see is wrong but went into the same reasoning about lack of O2
:eek: 3.9????? I got 2.4cm
you know for the magnification one, how is everyone getting the distance between x and y to be 3.4 when I measured it like twice and got 3.9
Original post by dani12345lol
if the test was benedicts solution then what is the chemical that break glucose down????????

Benedict's solution as it is a chemical and not something else... :wink:
u mean 2.9 but yhhhhh i got the same im really confused because i know i didnt misread

Latest

Trending

Trending