The Student Room Group

Uni Open Day Decisions

Hi, I've finally decided to take economics at uni but am unsure what unis to look at, I am going to look at 4/5 but defo 4 in June.
I'm looking at leeds, Nottingham definitely but I'm unsure of my other 3; I think Sheffield probably as well but my other 2 (and I can only go to one of them in June) are York and loughborough. Please can someone tell me which uni will help me get a better job and is better respected(out of York and loughborough mainly). I love the look of loughborough but I'm not sure if there's much to do there but this is probs wrong. Also, everyone I've spoken to thinks its only for sports or haven't heard of it so I cant imagine many employers will know much about it and how good it is. Thank you
also subjects and hopeful predicted grades maths a*, chemistry a, English lit a*
Original post by pppopcorn
Hi, I've finally decided to take economics at uni but am unsure what unis to look at, I am going to look at 4/5 but defo 4 in June.
I'm looking at leeds, Nottingham definitely but I'm unsure of my other 3; I think Sheffield probably as well but my other 2 (and I can only go to one of them in June) are York and loughborough. Please can someone tell me which uni will help me get a better job and is better respected(out of York and loughborough mainly). I love the look of loughborough but I'm not sure if there's much to do there but this is probs wrong. Also, everyone I've spoken to thinks its only for sports or haven't heard of it so I cant imagine many employers will know much about it and how good it is. Thank you
also subjects and hopeful predicted grades maths a*, chemistry a, English lit a*

Go on unistats it ll tell you the employment rates for economics at all those universities but the open days should make a massive difference.
go to 3 in June and 2 in September. Leeds and Sheffield have open days on 7 September, Nottingham 14 September Loughborough 21 September. I attach open list calendar below.

https://www.opendays.com/calendar/
Reply 3
thank you, I will have a look now!

Original post by claireestelle
Go on unistats it ll tell you the employment rates for economics at all those universities but the open days should make a massive difference.
Reply 4
I will struggle to go to 2 in september because 3 of my weekends aren't free, however, I have just booked loughborough for september so thank you for the suggestion!
Original post by swanseajack1
go to 3 in June and 2 in September. Leeds and Sheffield have open days on 7 September, Nottingham 14 September Loughborough 21 September. I attach open list calendar below.

https://www.opendays.com/calendar/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending