The Student Room Group

Send a letter to a long distance ex?

Here me out!
So he's going through A LOT! He's at the highest point of depression and is quite suicidal so we had to break up, he broke up with me so he didn't bring me down etc etc. We have reasons, anyway we're deeply in love, and we're desperate to get back together but quoting from him "As long as I have this depression I can't have a relationship" Which makes sense.

Anyway! To the point, I want to send a letter to him saying all the reasons why I love him and all the cheesy things like that, we talked about sending letters before but he wasn't that keen on it for some reason, something about money or something?

But my point is, should I just send it to him anyway without even telling him? or be like "hey! I wrote a letter for you and I'm thinking of sending it? only if you want it of course!" or is that too weird!? Idk what to do, but I really love the idea of sending a letter to him...

Idk? Opinions? Send the letter and tell him before to see what he thinks? or send the letter without him knowing as a "surprise"? or just hold the letter off altogether?

Thanks! :smile:
I would do whatever my impulses were. If you feel that it would be beneficial in some way then yes but if it's not necessary then I’d probably ask him about it so at least he has a heads up.
Hope that helps in any way?
Aw this is such a cute idea! I think you should send it without telling him, it will be a nice surprise for him and it might cheer him up. Its a bit weird saying "oh btw i sent you a letter" so I would just send it. It lets him know that you still care about him and are there for him. Hope this helps hun xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending