The Student Room Group

Confusion over getting blocked by ex! need some advice

So it has been some time since my ex broke up with me because of their mental health, they said they felt bad for just keeping me when they couldn't give 100% to the relationship. They blocked me as soon as we broke up so I'm not sure what that means. I'm still very confused with everything but since it has been some time I do want to attempt to make some form of contact with them. I'm not sure whether this would be a good idea though

Also, is it normal for ex's to block people after a breakup?
Should I attempt to make contact anytime soon? I genuinely want to know how they're doing.
Reply 1
I mean it’s worth a try? However you may still be blocked
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I mean it’s worth a try? However you may still be blocked

I mean I probably am hence why I’d rather just send a letter and if I get a message back I get a message back otherwise yeah
Reply 3
How long has it been?

I blocked my ex after a break up (despite it being amicable) because I was really struggling with my mental health and needed a more tangible barrier there to prevent me causing them any more hurt. I don't think my ex trying to get around that before I was ready would have been good for my mental health, but I can absolutely appreciate your need for more explanation/closure. Of course, only you know the full context for your specific situation, so you'll need to judge based on that.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
How long has it been?

I blocked my ex after a break up (despite it being amicable) because I was really struggling with my mental health and needed a more tangible barrier there to prevent me causing them any more hurt. I don't think my ex trying to get around that before I was ready would have been good for my mental health, but I can absolutely appreciate your need for more explanation/closure. Of course, only you know the full context for your specific situation, so you'll need to judge based on that.

It has been 3 months but as you already mentioned I don’t want to say anything that’ll probably cause more harm than good especially for his health. I don’t know when to say anything but I do feel like I need to say something if that makes sense. It is difficult to judge when is right or if I should at all say anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending